Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 01:47 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Brother MFC-9120CN Digital All-in-One

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Brother MFC - 9120CN Digital Color All-in-One is affordable, reliable, efficient, and very easy to use. Both scanning and print quality is excellent with up to 600x2400 dpi. Because it's a certified Energy Star machine, it's one more easy way to take my small office into the green age. I scan large files regularly for PC faxing, so the fast, 35 page capacity, automatic document feeder is a very valuable feature. I can just the file in the tray, start the scan and leave it to do its job while I tackle other tasks. I'm not a very technically minded person, so I also appreciated that the machine has its own IP address, allowing me to connect it directly into my network. The capacity of the paper tray, though high compared to many other machines of its size, does not seem to be enough. I would prefer if it even had two drawers as I seem to be refilling the paper a lot. The printing speed is highly competitive with other machines on the market at 17 pages per minute in color or black ink. The ink does not seem to last very long, but I do print a lot. However, the ink is very easy to change out and easy to find in my local stationery shop or online. It is pricey, but no more so than that of comparable machines. The machine also takes a moment to warm up when it has been idle, but once it is running the response time is excellent. I would, however, recommend placing it at a distance from desks and work spaces as it can be just noisy enough to make phone conversations difficult. Over all, the Brother MFC-9120CN is a fabulous product and superior to all similar machines in its price range that I have used. I was a frustrated HP user before, but, now that I have the Brother, I can scan, copy, and print with confidence.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews