Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Fellowes PS-79Ci Shredder

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

We use this shredder in our small office and it was purchased recently, less then 6 months ago to replace a much older more basic model. I think that it was because our previous shredder was a strip shredder and the company preferred the cross-cut security.

The name states that it is 'Jam Proof' and so far, this has proven to be true. This does get used on a daily basis and there has been no problem with anything fed through. Being a small office this is mainly paper (many with staples), CD's and sometimes thin cardboard, which also shreds fine.

It isn't any quieter then the last one we had, which surprised me because that one was much older. Not disturbingly loud but I'm sure there are quieter ones on the market.

The bin does dislodge when it starts to become full. On one hand this is good because it prevents damage that could be caused by pieces backing into the feeder but I would rather it turn off. It does turn off automatically when it is not shredding so that feature would have been good with that purpose as well.

Some paper does get caught in the inner compartments but more regular emptying could possibly fix this problem. Due to the way it is cut, there are always parts that escape when emptying so it is a bit like cleaning up confetti. A little messy but that's the price of security.

It has a finger sensor to prevent any accidents which is crucial if you are running around the office with a long list of things to do - accidents easily happen.

It is definitely not for a large office or a small office that has heavy shredder use. The bin is not very large and I think it's about a 6 at a time paper limit. But as I said, perfect for our office.

For the money this shredder does its job. There are much more expensive ones on the market, and if purchasing for basic use, it is unnecessary.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews