Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

TAG Heuer Men's Aquaracer Automatic Blue Dial, Stainless Steel Watch (WAF2112.BA0806)

tag-heuer-mens-aquaracer-automatic-blue-dial-stainless photo
Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I bought this TAG stainless steel watch for my husband for his birthday. It was meant to be specifically used as a dress watch but quite honestly, I don't think that he has gone without wearing it even for a day. He really wanted something with a blue face but not too flashy, this is a much harder order than I thought. As soon as I saw the watch I knew it was perfect. This watch is just gorgeous and simple. The blue is a darker, almost metallic-type of blue that picks up a hint of the steel casing in it.

In case you don't know the concept of TAG watches (I didn't when I went shopping), you should know that you never have to replace a battery in them. They run completely off the movement of your every day arm movement. The salesperson did say that the watch will need to be sent away for maintenance once every six years or so which is a lot better than replacing a battery every eight months. You do have to keep in mind though that it does lose time if you don't wear it for a day or so.

The watch has a heavy duty safety clasp and a rotating steel bezel frame around the dial. The date is at 3:00 and the hands and markers are luminescent. The sapphire crystal face is glare proof and scratch-resistant which is nice however, the watch itself is not so hardy. His has a lot of scuffs on it already but he does wear it everyday so I guess it is to be expected. This TAG is very easy to read too. A lot of the TAG watches that I looked at seemed to have a lot of distractions on them but this one is just simple, clean and quite rich-looking. I highly recommend this watch!

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews