Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2011, 11:58 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

KitchenAid Architect Series II: KUDS30IVSS Full Console Dishwasher

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

It was no great surprise that when I decided it was time to get a dishwasher that I chose the KitchenAid Architect Series II: KUDS30IVSS Full Console Dishwasher. This is a brand sold by Sears who also carries many of my other favorite brands. I knew that I would get great quality and save money and time by possibly purchasing this brand and that Sears would provide great service.

I was impressed the most by the design and the machine options. There are four wash cycles and six options including pro-scrub that gets your dishes really clean by using 36 spray jets that are located in the back of the machine. The machine also has an optimum wash sensor that adjusts the performance of machine to ensure that cleaning is effective and efficient.

The machine is large enough to hold large items at the same time and features satin glide shelves as well as four stainless steel arms. The exterior of the machine is stainless steel as well. It should be noted that although stainless steel looks nicer than the standard "Sears" white, stainless steel costs more and is more difficult to keep clean.

Also, there is a food dispenser that grinds food down. The food dispenser option totally eliminates having to pre-rinse before putting items in the washer. The machine is also very quiet. This machine will not only save you time, but money as well. Manufacturer specifications state the machine will "reduce energy by 25%, clean dishes 25% better, and "help you save money while contributing to resource conservation". All of this is true. You spend less time washing dishes, less money on the machine because it is more efficient, which saves the environment. The machine costs $700 and has a one year limited warranty.

Pros
Design/Machine options (four wash cycles and six options including pro-scrub and optimum wash sensor)
Quiet
Saves energy
Save money

Cons
Stainless steel costs more and is more difficult to keep clean

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews