Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 06:02 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-Cup Coffee Maker

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

We are regular coffee drinkers but we're on a budget, so when our old coffee maker broke we were really looking for a new four-cup one that would be inexpensive but had an automatic timer available. We went with the Mr. Coffee brand because it is reputable.

We are quite happy with this product. The main feature I liked was the timer; unlike some coffee maker timers, this one is very easy to set. Also, it remembers the preset brew time so all you need to do is press the "Delay Brew" button each night after measuring the coffee grounds and pouring in the water.

I like that you can take the decanter out and pour coffee while it's still brewing - it will stop the dripping for a few seconds while you pour it into your cup. This is great for an impatient coffee drinker like me.

The coffee quality is great, although I did notice a plastic sort of taste in the first few pots. That is likely something that happens in any new coffee maker and is not exclusive to this one.

The only complaint I have is that it automatically shuts off the heating element one hour after the coffee is done brewing. This may be great for people who chronically leave the coffee maker on all day and forget about it, but for families like ours (he drinks his coffee at 6 AM and I have mine at 8 AM) it means brewing two separate pots of coffee.

Still, that's just a very minor complaint. Overall I am extremely happy with this purchase and would buy another one. It was inexpensive and the value is great. In fact, I don't think we'll even shop around when we need our next coffee maker.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 8, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews