Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 01:13 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

2009 Saturn Aura

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

The 2009 Saturn Aura was a car that I wish I had thought about more closely before I bought it. My rating of three stars was more for the customer service aspect more so than the car's performance and features. I can't imagine a tall person fitting comfortably in this car. My daughter, who is the size of a petite adult, could barely fit her feet in the backseat. So that should tell you how comfortable a ride it is. On top of that, we had problems with the transmission and it's my understanding that I was not the only person who had a transmission problem.

With that being said, this car was not the most expensive one on the market, nor is it even the most expensive Saturn, and there is something to be said for getting what you pay for. Although I am very unhappy with the transmission, I do get good gas mileage, and it can be fun to drive(for small people). It does drive very quietly, and although I didn't get the hybrid, I like that it is available as an option. It picks up pretty well on the highway and I feel like it's a little safer to drive because of its Blue Tooth capability.

I would not want to buy it again, but customer service was very good about fixing the transmission when it went out, so I would have to say that this car would earn a solid three stars. If it hadn't been fixed as quickly as it was, that would have been much less. In general, I don't feel like this car lived up to the reputation of other Saturns, and the world didn't miss much by Saturn not selling any more of these models.

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews