Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2011, 01:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

The Black & Decker DCM675BF 5-Cup Drip Coffee Maker is an affordable and lightweight way to wake up every morning. The programmable timer allows you to have hot coffee available as soon as you wake up, assuming you know about what time that will be. Even if you're not sure what time that might be, or if you decide to sleep in a little bit, the keep warm plate will make sure that your coffee stays warm for you. If you forget to turn it off before you leave in the morning, it will eventually turn itself off to prevent overheating or fires.

I love my coffee in the mornings, and the glass carafe that holds up to five cups has been perfect for me
so far. The filter itself is washable, which I think makes me feel better about all the years that I used the disposable ones. It also fits compactly into even the most cramped counter space. It's a surprisingly good quality coffee maker, given that it can be bought for as little as $30.00.

The only thing that I am not really thrilled about with this item is when I broke the carafe, it was not as easy to replace as it had been with previous coffee makers. I did have to call around and I probably should have contacted the manufacturer. Of course, I live in a small town and that problem is not uncommon. I actually bought an extra carafe to keep around, just in case.

I will give this 5 stars and I will admit that I initially considered buying a more expensive unit, because I thought it would be more appropriate for my needs. I am really glad that I decided to save a few dollars and buy this one!

Review by professional reviewer, Dec. 26, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews