Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,609,472 times

Advertisements

Hamilton Beach 50110 Electrics All-Metal 500-Watt 2-Speed Blender

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I got the Hamilton Beach 50110 Electrics All-Metal 2-Speed blender for my birthday last summer, after complaining to my mother-in-law that making smoothies for my kids in my food processor was too difficult. Right away when I opened it I knew I would be happy with it. Not only does it look fantastic straight out of the box, but it's also a Hamilton Beach product, many of which line my countertops and shelves. What I did think might be a problem was that there were only two speeds, as I do a lot of cooking, chopping and blending in my kitchen. But only time would tell; I was still extremely happy with my new blender.

I set it up right away and instantly went to work on my kids' favorite fruit drink. Having only two speeds wasn't a problem, and I could make smooth fruity drinks that didn't have little pieces getting stuck in the straws! I also found the Pulse option to be especially useful to make sure that the drink was blended very well. And when I was done, I found both the easy-pour spout, as well as the rubberized handle very useful for pouring into the girls' drinking glasses.

Smoothies were just the start of it though. I was soon making sauces, soups, marinades, and anything else I could think of in this blender. What I found to be especially handy when I was making these dishes were the measuring indicators along the side of the blender's glass jar. No more messing around with measuring cups and transferring an ingredient from one dish to another. Just measure it all in the jar, blend it up, and use! So much easier than my food processor!

My mother-in-law kindly, and discreetly, gave me the receipt in case I wanted to exchange it for a different blender, or something else entirely. I knew I would never do that, but I did happen to see that she paid $75 for this Hamilton Beach model. I was astounded! That's way more than I would ever spend on a blender for myself, but I still think it's definitely worth every penny!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews