Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2011, 04:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,609,472 times

Advertisements

Summer Infant Baby's Quiet Sounds Video Monitor Set

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

I was given the Summer Infant Baby's Quiet Sounds Video Monitor Set in the summer of 2007 at my baby shower. At first, it seemed a little bit like overkill but after just a few nights of having my daughter home, I was very happy that I had it!

The monitoring system comes with its own video monitor so you can not only hear your baby but also see them, which eliminates the need to constantly go into their rooms to check on them. As well, this set also comes with a handheld unit that you can take around the house with you wherever you need to. The handheld unit does not have a video display but it does have a speaker so you can hear baby's every sound, and there are also LED lights that will indicate when there is noise coming from baby's room. And it all comes through the small unit kept in the nursery or child's room, which looked great in my daughter's room and also has LED lights.

The picture is in black and white so if you prefer color, there are most likely better video monitoring systems out there for you. But the black and white was fine with me, I was just so happy I could see my daughter every time she was sleeping, without creeping into her room to wake her up! And my husband and I also found when we first set it up that it caused some static on our home phone line. But there is an option to change the channel's frequency and that quickly took care of the problem.

One drawback to this video monitoring system is that it can be very hard to take your eyes off of your baby! At least, I thought it would be. Force yourself to use the on/off button and it will only turn the video system off, you'll still be able to hear baby's every sound! And I was thankful to have it, because when it's so easy to keep an eye on your baby, it's really hard not to!

I never would have purchased this video monitoring system for myself. At the time it was new on the market and cost over $300, which I thought was a ridiculous amount to pay on a monitoring system! But I'm so happy I got it because it definitely made those sleepless nights at least somewhat fewer and farther between!

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews