Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2010, 06:01 PM

199 posts, read 490,930 times

Advertisements

Has to be a personality that in some way affects your relationship with people.

Good Traits-
Im a funny guy without having to come off as goofy. I know a lot of people who are funny but they do not know when to be serious or when their funniness could be annoying.

Im a very cool person. I dont start problems with anyone and if there are misunderstandings I address them quickly. Now its a whole different story if someone tries to start problems with me for no reason. Overall I am very easy to get along with and good at avoiding problems/drama.

What I could improve-
For me I wish I wasn't shy and better at starting and maintaining a good conversation. I tend to not click with a lot of people and that is a huge problem.

Sometimes I give off a vibe of being an unapproachable person. After meeting some people I have heard them say that I looked like a complete ******* or rude person but I cant really control what people assume of me before they get to meet me. I can't say I am not guilty of doing the same thing of assuming things about people before talking to them and then finding out their not what I thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 06:20 PM

1,975 posts, read 5,212,438 times
You sound a bit like me. Although I can maintain a conversation pretty well, but I find it to be exhausting with a lot of people.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:27 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
I'm with 5lakes too. I'm a very loyal and giving person. Two personality traits that I need to work on my willingness to express my feelings and sensitivity to people's feelings.

Last edited by ho hey!; 11-04-2010 at 06:54 PM..

Old 11-04-2010, 07:22 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
I am very ncie, and trusting, and giving...those are the things I need to work on..because I have been used. I need to work on my boundaries, and saying no. Of course, the only men who used me were african american...so maybe I should not date men from that race any longer. There seems to be a pattern...

Old 11-04-2010, 08:17 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,856,918 times
my good:
im loyal, easy going, fun loving, a little on the wild/experiemental side and good at knowing where the boundries are.

my bad:
im painfully shy around people i dont know and i tend to be too submissive in many aspects of my life, i tend to put those i care about ahead of myself too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology