Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 12:59 PM

262 posts, read 651,665 times

Advertisements

I feel...stupid.

I can't function properly.

My thoughts are completely discombobulated the majority of the time. I am attending college right now but my concentration level is at an all time low. When people in class are participating in class discussions, I feel as though I just flew onto this planet and am now figuring out what has been happening in this world. WWII? Soviet Union? Communism? Stalin?

Wait so the proteins build the cells and the molecules...wait what!?!?

Our consciousness? Intellectual Design? Conditioning? Pavlov? HUH!??

I am an idiot.

I don't even know how to pay my taxes and I can't even understand what I am reading half the time because my mind is too busy thinking of pointless things which in turn make me even more dumb.

I can't even formulate a proper sentence outloud. I am not kidding. My past and present tenses always get mixed up.

How do I increase my IQ? QUICK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 01:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
this goes beyond the scope of CDF. a little posting wont fix it. get some medical help. it may not be IQ it may be something is bothering you.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:04 PM

262 posts, read 651,665 times
SO should I have an "MRI" done. I don't know what an MRI exactly is other than it scans a specific part of the body to see if there are some underlying issues.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:20 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,533,552 times
You dont seem like you have low intelligence based on your post.

Maybe you could do some tests online (iq test that is) or read a book?

Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,277,027 times
It sounds like ADHD. I'd go to the doctor.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:19 PM

34,094 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I feel...stupid.
I can't even formulate a proper sentence out loud.
I am not kidding. My past and present tenses always get mixed up.

unplug your modem
then go for a walk in the woods

Old 10-13-2011, 04:48 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,861,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
unplug your modem
then go for a walk in the woods
And if you hand was on your mouse while you read the above, your brain is fried, so no help available. AKA, lost cause !!!

Old 10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Probably not you IQ.

1) Could be Persoanl or physical stress - learn to do relaxation techniques and some down time (mild exercise like walking and listening to soothing music) no matter how full your life is.

2) Could be Medical - go to a doctor and explain.

3) Could be the way you learn. Ask some of the school counsolors or teachers to help direct you toward some methods or classes on how to navigate courses, exams, note taking, and thinking.

One reason I hated college classes was that they were on a time frame and the professor always took the class in a direction my mind was not going. Learn to keep your thoughts toward what the class in wanting you to know. For me it was hard becuase I want to know more deatails than the class was able to give and my mind wondered into other areas and had many more questions than were needed in order to understand and aquire what the class was trying to present. This can cause more confusion than is necessary because when you stat to ask questions about questions and then try to extend the answers beyond the scope of the class it soon can get complicated and hard to organize your musings.

You sound like you might be having this and other issues like concentration and an inability to connect your thoughts - refer to number 1 and 2. There can be a number of different medical issues so I would see a doctor no matter what.

Also remember IQ is not just about knowledge and there are different types of IQ.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:07 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,135,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I feel...stupid.

I can't function properly.

My thoughts are completely discombobulated the majority of the time. I am attending college right now but my concentration level is at an all time low. When people in class are participating in class discussions, I feel as though I just flew onto this planet and am now figuring out what has been happening in this world. WWII? Soviet Union? Communism? Stalin?

Wait so the proteins build the cells and the molecules...wait what!?!?

Our consciousness? Intellectual Design? Conditioning? Pavlov? HUH!??

I am an idiot.

I don't even know how to pay my taxes and I can't even understand what I am reading half the time because my mind is too busy thinking of pointless things which in turn make me even more dumb.

I can't even formulate a proper sentence outloud. I am not kidding. My past and present tenses always get mixed up.

One thing that might help would be to get plenty of sleep. In fact, it is critical for health, memory, and learning.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Well there is a great difference between being educated and being intelligent. When you get to college in any serious study they take for granted you payed attention in high school in such things as you listed in history and politcal science.Passing the SAT indicated you at least are capable of learning if you want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology