Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 07:31 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times

Advertisements

Get rid of the girlfriend and get a dog. Find other outlets to answer your human need for connections. Volunteer in human services, join sports teams, etc. Relationships where you don't have total control give you way too much angst. Sometimes people just can't handle intimacy and partnerships. Even if your girlfriend marries you and is totally loyal to you, over time you will become jealous of friendships with other women or even your children. You will become abusive or so overly posssesive that things will go sour and you might be one of those guys that shows up at her job with a gun. Get a dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Get rid of the girlfriend and get a dog. Find other outlets to answer your human need for connections. Volunteer in human services, join sports teams, etc. Relationships where you don't have total control give you way too much angst. Sometimes people just can't handle intimacy and partnerships. Even if your girlfriend marries you and is totally loyal to you, over time you will become jealous of friendships with other women or even your children. You will become abusive or so overly posssesive that things will go sour and you might be one of those guys that shows up at her job with a gun. Get a dog.

No. He does not have to give up on women and relationships. He just needs to tweak his thinking and approach. See the previous page for my post. He needs to learn how to deal with rejection and how to lessen its impact on his psyche.

Counseling him to give up on relationships sounds bitter and reckless.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,690,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
No. He does not have to give up on women and relationships. He just needs to tweak his thinking and approach. See the previous page for my post. He needs to learn how to deal with rejection and how to lessen its impact on his psyche.

Counseling him to give up on relationships sounds bitter and reckless.
Having volunteered at a women's shelter and witnessing the impact of men who don't trust , I understand that people can manage their issues with proper counseling. But the odds are kind of bleak ..... just sayin'

Old 01-14-2013, 10:05 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Having volunteered at a women's shelter and witnessing the impact of men who don't trust , I understand that people can manage their issues with proper counseling. But the odds are kind of bleak ..... just sayin'
But advising someone to live in isolation based on a feeling he hasn't acted on and is requesting advice on how to manage is fear based advice and is as equally invalid as the OP's belief that all people get cheated on so so will he.

You've witnessed the impact working with women but have you done any prevention working with men?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:58 AM

4,507 posts, read 4,046,465 times
Sometimes I think the OP is just trolling the real psycho's out there to come out of the woodwork.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:47 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirl View Post
get rid of the girlfriend and get a dog. Find other outlets to answer your human need for connections. Volunteer in human services, join sports teams, etc. Relationships where you don't have total control give you way too much angst. Sometimes people just can't handle intimacy and partnerships. Even if your girlfriend marries you and is totally loyal to you, over time you will become jealous of friendships with other women or even your children. You will become abusive or so overly posssesive that things will go sour and you might be one of those guys that shows up at her job with a gun. Get a dog.
:d

Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
How old are you kid? You don't seem mature enough for a grown up relationship. You have a gf, a girl you like and hang out with, but she hasn't met your friends? That isn't really a realtionship and she isn't going to be part of your life if you never let her in. You are dooming it to fail, she's probably just going along with it because she's not wanting to be that serious about things anyway. She may at some point but probably not since you are giving her all sorts of reasons to find someone more stable for the long haul.

You aren't going to die, life isn't going to end, and she isn't the only girl in the world for you. You've got to stop being so dramatic and insecure, that pisses girls off so bad you have no idea. Nobody in their right mind wants to be put in the position you are putting her in. But you are right about one thing, if you break up then cut off all contact. Nothing more patetic that hanging around trying to be "friends" when you clearly can't be.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are obsessed, clinically depressed and consider stalking and abusive behaviour to be "normal." Yet you will not get mental health counseling or take medication. I am not sure we can help you on the Internet.
This.

I fear for the 'girlfriend's' safety. If she were the one writing about this guy, her possessive obsessive boy friend, I'd be advising her to RUN. Get. Out. Now. It will only get worse.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Default I agree with Catsmom21

This young woman needs to get as far away from this jerk as possible. She is in a great danger.

Obviously this guy does not trust himself not to cheat and would probably welcome the opportunity. He either needs to get some mental guidance or just jerk himself out of this world and eliminate a developing danger to the rest of us.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 PM

757 posts, read 1,103,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This young woman needs to get as far away from this jerk as possible. She is in a great danger.

Obviously this guy does not trust himself not to cheat and would probably welcome the opportunity. He either needs to get some mental guidance or just jerk himself out of this world and eliminate a developing danger to the rest of us.
lol that's funny
I've already said that I have no intentions of cheating, I've just had a terrible past with females. I've also observed females from relationships that my friends have had, and the ones that I never thought would cheat, actually did. This is why I am the way I am, not because I want to cheat.
Your logic is skewed, you're saying that I don't trust my girlfriend because I don't trust myself?
Soo...I guess ALL men who don't trust their women, is really just getting ready to cheat, right?
Think of the stupidity you spew before you throw ad hominum attacks my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology