Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 05:50 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times

Advertisements

I was diagnosed with OCD.

I don't think I have that.

The psychiatrist thinks she knows I have OCD after a single hour long meeting. But I've read up on it and I don't think I have that.

I believe I'm smarter than most any psychiatrist or psychologist or social worker out there, and so I don't trust anything they say. I think that's a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder. It would take a rare person to be smart enough to be able to treat me. I have never found such a person.

I believe what I have is narcissistic personality disorder along with either autism and/or some kind of hybrid of avoidant/schizotypal/obsessive compulsive personality disorder.

But no professional will diagnose me with what I think I have. They give me an SSRI and I don't want to take it because I don't think it's going to help me with my actual problem, and the side effects could be dangerous. SSRIs don't help with personality disorders, but that's what they're giving me. They're incompetent fools ! And they're going to destroy my life through incompetence !

I'm stuck dealing with incompetent boobs and quacks and I can't find anybody intelligent to diagnose me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 05:54 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Since you believe you are smarter than the professionals you have met, what would you think the best treatment would be?

What are the issues that brought you to seek treatment?

Old 09-26-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Since you believe you are smarter than the professionals you have met, what would you think the best treatment would be?
The best treatment would be me achieving perfection with no help from anybody else.

Old 09-26-2013, 06:43 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
The best treatment would be me achieving perfection with no help from anybody else.
Perfection is a subjective term. How do you define perfection?

Old 09-26-2013, 06:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
I have a small form of OCD. I love order.I organized things all the time. And I believe everything has it's place. My family like to mess with me and rearrange things.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:01 PM

993 posts, read 1,560,866 times
So, I assume you've gotten more than one opinion thus far?

Also, when you're looking up professionals, try specifically searching for the people who specialize in the diagnosis that you want. They'll be much more likely to see the symptoms that you want them to see.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:07 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,043 times
Why do you want a diagnosis? Is there something in your behavior that is interfering with your everyday life?

Old 09-26-2013, 07:45 PM

19,027 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I was diagnosed with OCD.

I don't think I have that.

The psychiatrist thinks she knows I have OCD after a single hour long meeting. But I've read up on it and I don't think I have that.

I believe I'm smarter than most any psychiatrist or psychologist or social worker out there, and so I don't trust anything they say. I think that's a symptom of narcissistic personality disorder. It would take a rare person to be smart enough to be able to treat me. I have never found such a person.

I believe what I have is narcissistic personality disorder along with either autism and/or some kind of hybrid of avoidant/schizotypal/obsessive compulsive personality disorder.

But no professional will diagnose me with what I think I have. They give me an SSRI and I don't want to take it because I don't think it's going to help me with my actual problem, and the side effects could be dangerous. SSRIs don't help with personality disorders, but that's what they're giving me. They're incompetent fools ! And they're going to destroy my life through incompetence !

I'm stuck dealing with incompetent boobs and quacks and I can't find anybody intelligent to diagnose me.
Why would you entrust your life and well-being into hands of those, who do not know what your True Self is? As no one knows what human psyche is. Many do claim to, but no one does.

I can tell you, what you can do. You start praying. How you pray, and what you pray for, is up to you. But if you will pray for one and only true answer to your question, in honest and open manner, answer will be given to you. It may take quite some time. Long time. It may come in form of answer that may not be realized, or perceived, as such. But your job is to listen, to hear, and to obey.
It is also known as meditation. You need to fall into habit of meditating, or praying, over your concern. And it will be provided. It will not be your duty to rationalize with solution you will suddenly find, or justify something else. Your duty will be to embrace what is given onto you, without doubt and fear.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Perfection is a subjective term. How do you define perfection?
Perfection is obvious. When you achieve it, you know it.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
So, I assume you've gotten more than one opinion thus far?

Also, when you're looking up professionals, try specifically searching for the people who specialize in the diagnosis that you want. They'll be much more likely to see the symptoms that you want them to see.
Most of the time, they don't give me a diagnosis. They just say I have "issues".

I suppose that's an idea. But at the same time I don't feel like starting over. It's scary to start with someone new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology