Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 08:20 PM

260 posts, read 605,947 times

Advertisements

How did you get to the mindset you have today? What events or observations shaped your views on women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Why not tell us yours first?

Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 PM

102,240 posts, read 108,130,790 times
We need a thread like this like we need a hole in the head.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,403,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We need a thread like this like we need a hole in the head.
I agree....way too much bitterness going around on the forum right now.

Every relationship you have had or will have will end somehow. ( drifting apart, breaking up, divorce, death)

Just because something ends, doesn't make the journey any less valuable. Every experience you have had, whether it's good or bad, helps make the person you are today.

I have had some pretty terrible things happen in my life, but I wouldn't change anything. I learned about myself from those experiences, and gave me depth and layers to my personality.

Instead of wallowing in bitterness and misery...choose to be happy. Seriously, it's a choice. You will find yourself finding someone, when you open yourself up to it.

Bitter people are like dating kryptonite.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:09 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,735,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I agree....way too much bitterness going around on the forum right now.

Every relationship you have had or will have will end somehow. ( drifting apart, breaking up, divorce, death)

Just because something ends, doesn't make the journey any less valuable. Every experience you have had, whether it's good or bad, helps make the person you are today.

I have had some pretty terrible things happen in my life, but I wouldn't change anything. I learned about myself from those experiences, and gave me depth and layers to my personality.

Instead of wallowing in bitterness and misery...choose to be happy. Seriously, it's a choice. You will find yourself finding someone, when you open yourself up to it.

Bitter people are like dating kryptonite.
Agreed.

Bitterness and hatred is completely pointless.

I understand it hurts, trust me. I do. But you can't let it dictate your life. Happiness is one of the best feelings in the world. Don't become something you hate, as you are only wasting your energy. It is a lot easier said than done, but after a little time goes by, you'll realize you're stronger after the experience and use it to help you in future ones.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:37 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,159,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
How did you get to the mindset you have today? What events or observations shaped your views on women?
It's not obvious enough? Can I make a list for you? I love lists.

- Women cheated on them
- Women rejected them because they're short/tall/poor/dumb/ugly/crazy/pushover/aggressive/religious/weird/wrong race
- They've never had sex
- They've never had a relationship
- They've heard stories from other men
- Women only wanted them for their money
- Women only wanted them as friends

Old 04-14-2014, 09:38 PM

306 posts, read 299,880 times
Im not bitter at women it was abuse as a kid by my mother and not having anything because of her drug usage. I have moved on but my experience as a child is why I am the way I am and nothing I do today will change that.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,647,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
It's not obvious enough? Can I make a list for you? I love lists.

- Women cheated on them
- Women rejected them because they're short/tall/poor/dumb/ugly/crazy/pushover/aggressive/religious/weird/wrong race
- They've never had sex
- They've never had a relationship
- They've heard stories from other men
- Women only wanted them for their money
- Women only wanted them as friends
Also...women conspired to steal all their money via fatty alimony payments. Don't forget that one.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:48 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobalistic View Post
Im not bitter at women it was abuse as a kid by my mother and not having anything because of her drug usage. I have moved on but my experience as a child is why I am the way I am and nothing I do today will change that.
WRONG.

I am so sorry for the things your mother did to you - you deserved better.

But you are no longer that child she abused.

You are now the person who has to make a choice to either let what happened to you defeat you or not.

Only you can live your life, and you one get one life to live - choose wisely

Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 PM

306 posts, read 299,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Also...women conspired to steal all their money via fatty alimony payments. Don't forget that one.
Who said I was bitter at women I pay them no mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology