Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:51 AM

102,314 posts, read 108,503,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
More men are conservative these days. It wasn't always that way but it is now.

I follow politics pretty close and I know this to be true. That is probably a separate discussion from this thread.
Men especially do seem angrier than they used to be.
Do you live in a conservative part of the country? All the men I know are progressive, and my friends say the same thing. A lot of men voted for Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 10:12 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,187,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
It's not obvious enough? Can I make a list for you? I love lists.

- Women cheated on them
- Women rejected them because they're short/tall/poor/dumb/ugly/crazy/pushover/aggressive/religious/weird/wrong race
- They've never had sex
- They've never had a relationship
- They've heard stories from other men
- Women only wanted them for their money
- Women only wanted them as friends
also, women hid their husband's remote control down inside their husband's chair's seat cushion and looked at him weird when he accused her of doing it....hey, where are my glasses!?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,816,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I, too, have never run into men like this in real life. And I don't think anybody has, really, because I think one of their defining features is that they have not been out in real life.

I think they are a small group of men who we would never hear from if it weren't for the internet. And they are not on any other relationship forums I have been on (except PUA/MRA ones).

I think these are guys who somehow, through a combination of neurological differences (ADHD, autism spectrum, narcissism, etc.) and bad luck, have never really had a close connection with anyone -- not just romantic partners, but friends, family, etc.

I think they don't know that it is possible, or what it would feel like. They don't know about the absence of power games, and the pleasure of giving to each other.

And we have to remember that there are fewer of them, even here, than it seems like, because the same few guys keep posting the same stuff under different usernames.
Can I get an AMEN!

Bitter guys, this is some wisdom for you. You don't have to be bitter, you can be in a happy and loving relationship if you slip the mask and lose the chip on your shoulder. And if you have a neurological problem, choose to get help and improve your life.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,378,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I agree....way too much bitterness going around on the forum right now.

Every relationship you have had or will have will end somehow. ( drifting apart, breaking up, divorce, death)

Just because something ends, doesn't make the journey any less valuable. Every experience you have had, whether it's good or bad, helps make the person you are today.

I have had some pretty terrible things happen in my life, but I wouldn't change anything. I learned about myself from those experiences, and gave me depth and layers to my personality.

Instead of wallowing in bitterness and misery...choose to be happy. Seriously, it's a choice. You will find yourself finding someone, when you open yourself up to it.

Bitter people are like dating kryptonite.
Sometimes, the journey just feels less valuable. I think I needed to read that. It seems like the ending I just endured is leading to a new beginning.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:26 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Do you live in a conservative part of the country? All the men I know are progressive, and my friends say the same thing. A lot of men voted for Obama.

Well, that poster is on to something. If only men voted in this country the Republicans would win every election. There is a significant gender gap and it's female voters (and in some area "minority" voters) that help Dems win elections. That is certainly the case in National elections and many many state elections.

Of course, I didn't vote for Obama either... he's just another pro big business center right candidate, and not at all progressive, but that's another topic.

I don't get this feminism discussion though... I don't really think there are many women that aren't feminists nowadays. It isn't like they're a minority, more like they're 95%+ of the population (at least by 2nd wave 70/80s feminism definitions).

Old 04-15-2014, 10:27 AM

29,785 posts, read 34,563,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post

You don't have to be bitter, you can be in a happy and loving relationship if you slip the mask and lose the chip on your shoulder.
Well, if they don't want to be in a relationship they need to own that choice and truly be happy with it, not blame their lot on a lack of cooperation from others.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,120,090 times
This probably deserves a thread of its own in the political forum, but this piece shows the gender divide, and how the changes made in voting laws with the expansion of civil rights in the U.S. has affected the outcomes of our elections:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpoli...oked-like-with

In short, republicans dominate when men, especially white men, control the vote.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:55 AM

821 posts, read 1,103,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
It's not obvious enough? Can I make a list for you? I love lists.

- Women cheated on them
- Women rejected them because they're short/tall/poor/dumb/ugly/crazy/pushover/aggressive/religious/weird/wrong race
- They've never had sex
- They've never had a relationship
- They've heard stories from other men
- Women only wanted them for their money
- Women only wanted them as friends
Addition to this list:

- Women were more focused on career than kids and family and everything or anyone else.

"I am woman. Hear me roar!" bellows the Career Woman (TM).

Old 04-15-2014, 10:56 AM

18,255 posts, read 17,001,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I'm not "bitter" but it sure would help if women asked men out a lot more than they do. Most all never do this or only make a feeble attempt here and there.

Me thinks men in general can't handle the high rejection rate.
Nature has made men the pursuers, just like in the animal kingdom. The male pursues, the female chooses who she thinks is the best match. Men pursue the most beautiful and sexy, that's just part of the biological urge. There are much fewer beauties than the average to ugly women, who are bountiful but undesirable on a purely physical level. That makes the competition for the beautiful ones fierce--50, maybe 100 men to one beautiful woman. One wins, the other 99 go home and lick their wounds, and maybe try again another day. Some give up and never try again. Same thing in the animal kingdom. We're all preprgrammed to act this way.

Again this is a trend, it is not applicable to all. There are variants. This is just a basic snapshot of how most of the men/women kingdom work.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 AM

54 posts, read 42,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Whoever told you that was trying to manipulate you.

Feminism is about loving men and loving sex, and working to free men and women and everybody else from societal restrictions. It's about making sure the man doesn't have to support everybody financially (unless he wants to) and the woman doesn't have to suppress her sexuality and cook for everyone (unless she wants to). It's about freedom of choice.

No....just...no. Sorry, try again.

Feminism is a hate movement, a secular religion that operates on circular logic that must never be questioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology