Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 PM

43 posts, read 100,266 times

Advertisements

Men or woman?

I really think woman is, for example my sister is much more than me, woman simply don't like to loose or give up on something. I think men know where to stop, but women not always.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,290,523 times
Women are sneaky and clever... They somehow manage to get their way, but make the man think it was his idea!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,668,916 times
I think it depends. I married a woman who spun webs the first time. I am with a woman who doesn't play games. My ex-wife has put me in a situation where I am strong willed. I am alot stronger than my ex-wife at this point. She has it all (so to speak) and I have nothing. Yet I live STRONG.

Again, you won't find out how strong you are until you need to be. I don't think it is a gender thing.

If women are sneaky and clever, what are we? Honest and dumb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Women are sneaky and clever... They somehow manage to get their way, but make the man think it was his idea!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC View Post
Men or woman?

I really think woman is, for example my sister is much more than me, woman simply don't like to loose or give up on something. I think men know where to stop, but women not always.
I don't think anyone that truly wants to understand people can learn by generally assigning traits across broad categories like "men and women." For every trait you identify in one, I can point to in another.

Would you say something equally broad, like: Which people like ice cream more: blue eyed, or brown eyed? It's ridiculous.

My father had the will to push himself to continue to learn and overcome obstacles until he gained each goal he set for himself until the day he died. My mother turned tail and skipped to the next open door each time she came to a difficulty. My sister is like my dad, but me, not so much.

If you truly want to understand strong-will, examine individuals with strong will, and those with weak wills, and then see what factors are common to each groups lives collectively to see if there is correlation. That might point you in the direction of some real learning, but even then you have to understand that correlation is not cause.

It would be an interesting experiment to conduct, but do you have the strength of will to do it?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 AM

1,502 posts, read 2,668,916 times
Haahahahahahahaahahhahaahh I like the last line.

It does come down to the individual I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I don't think anyone that truly wants to understand people can learn by generally assigning traits across broad categories like "men and women." For every trait you identify in one, I can point to in another.

Would you say something equally broad, like: Which people like ice cream more: blue eyed, or brown eyed? It's ridiculous.

My father had the will to push himself to continue to learn and overcome obstacles until he gained each goal he set for himself until the day he died. My mother turned tail and skipped to the next open door each time she came to a difficulty. My sister is like my dad, but me, not so much.

If you truly want to understand strong-will, examine individuals with strong will, and those with weak wills, and then see what factors are common to each groups lives collectively to see if there is correlation. That might point you in the direction of some real learning, but even then you have to understand that correlation is not cause.

It would be an interesting experiment to conduct, but do you have the strength of will to do it?

Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
My wife is as strong willed as anyone I have ever met. She knows what she wants and by gosh she doesn't give up until she get's it. And I mean that in a good way. She has goals and she's meeting them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology