Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 05:01 AM

823 posts, read 1,974,919 times

Advertisements

What I have noticed about Alpha people:

1- They are very social. They go to some place and in no time they have made new friends, it's natural for them.

2- They are smooth talkers. They rarely offend when they talk, they don´t hurt other people's feelings, they tell what they want to say in a sensitive way.

3- They protect their ground. They are nice if you are nice with them but if you cross them, they will declare war on your, and they will make sure you get the message. Don´t play games with them.

4- Ambition. They wanna be number one, number two is a failure.

So I would like to make an archive of alpha people on this thread. My suggestion is that participants post videos from YouTube, where people with clear Alpha traits can be seen, and then we can comment on the different traits and particularities of the individuals.

Mine is a documentary about a Puerto Rican gang in Hartford Connecticut. One of the leaders is textbook material for Alpha Male.

He was born in an abusive home, the father, an alcoholic, used to beat the wife who was a drug addict herself, and the kids . He used to sleep in a park when he was 7 year old, when his father kicked him and his brother out of the house....at age 13 he was having a relationship with a woman 25 years old....and by early 20s he was the leader of Los Solidos, making alliances with the Latin Kings, controlling the drug dealings and checking everything was under control, planning attacks on rival gangs, etc.

Fast forward 15 years. Most members of Los Solidos are either dead or in jail. (his own brother was killed)...and what bout him? He is an active anti-gang activist , he goes and talks to the kids in the street about not joining in gangs, because he's seen the dark side and survived to tell the truth. He's just reinvented himself and is now a positive member of the community.

Even the narrator says that "his smooth talking forces the kids to listen". Not a sign of disrespect in those kids. There's many people interviewed in this documentary, but only him, Iran "smurf" Nazario struck me as a real Alpha Male, a self-made man with the potential to achieve anything he wanted. I wonder how high a guy like him could reach, with a college degree?

I put the example of a Street gang, because you find this kind of people everywhere, not only in business environments. What do you think? It would be nice if other people post other examples and we create an Archive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=226O13_KdFE

Last edited by Javier77; 05-01-2013 at 05:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology