Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 08:17 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane87D View Post
The very first time I heard about this was from my neighbor. Several years ago, his male friend was going out with his date on a club. He suddenly felt dizzy and only wakes up to see himself tied up and having sex.

He was a then 20 year-old and till this day my neighbor tells me he's all messed up to the point he refuses to date and has become distrustful. He doesn't want to report and is ashamed to say it was his date, a woman.

I told one of my friend this and he told me that it should only be considered rape if a fat and/or woman or another guy does it. I don't know. But I still think if it's something against your will, you feel violated and they're still having sex with you, it's rape to me. Though not sure how a court would classified this as since it's not penetration.

Another I'm wondering is how did that woman still got him hard? This I don't get. If we're drugged then wouldn't we still be soft.

So if rape happens to a guy is the aftermath as strongly as it were if the rape were female? The friend I told shared this to told me that guy should get over it esp if the woman was pretty. And then proceeded on saying that if he still got an erection then he wanted it. Lastly, why would a woman want to rape? A rapist does it because he's sick and wants power and control but what purpose would a female rapist have?
Generally men wouldn't be as affected because of society attitudes and views of men sexuality. However depending on past experiences and the personality of the victim himself, it might affect him greatly.

Just like rape might affect two women differently. Some might overcome it pretty quickly others might need therspy for years. On average women will be more affected. I think we should respect other people's feelings and not tell them how they "should" be feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 01:48 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane87D View Post
Another I'm wondering is how did that woman still got him hard? This I don't get. If we're drugged then wouldn't we still be soft.

So if rape happens to a guy is the aftermath as strongly as it were if the rape were female? The friend I told shared this to told me that guy should get over it esp if the woman was pretty. And then proceeded on saying that if he still got an erection then he wanted it.
Really

I think the original poster is Full of malarky, but there are men who have been sexually abused by women and women who have been sexually abused by other women too. Some cope with it better than others. It's more in the closet due to the disbelief by the general public.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:27 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,358,359 times
Your not going to get and stay hard if your a guy and passed out. It must be all women posting on here. And the guy has to be enjoying it to stay hard also. How has no one else pointed this fact out yet. Geeze. The story is obviously made up.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:32 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
Your not going to get and stay hard if your a guy and passed out. It must be all women posting on here. And the guy has to be enjoying it to stay hard also. How has no one else pointed this fact out yet. Geeze. The story is obviously made up.
I'm male and I think you're a little confused.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:55 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
The age of the person raped has a lot to do with how they are affected. A young girl (age 13) will be affected differently than an adult male. The emotional makeup of each person has a lot to do with it, also. It's easy to say how it is, but, if it hasn't happened to a person, they can only guess. A man is rarely raped. It often happens to females.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:12 PM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,760 times
Regarding his erection: Maybe she put a c*ck ring on him or maybe the date rape drug she used was molly which increases your sexual arousal.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:39 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,845,843 times
It depends if the guy is raped by another guy, an ugly woman, or an attractive woman.

The first would be the most traumatic, the middle very traumatic, and the last one minimally or not traumatic.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:23 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Generally men wouldn't be as affected because of society attitudes and views of men sexuality.
Here's a misconception that is a good example of society's attitude.

First, you can't generalize rape. That would be like generalizing how a person with cancer is affected. Or how a car jacking victim is affected. It's a life and death situation. Maybe not to the outsider but yes, the victim believes they are going to die or they are drugged. Either way, they lose control of their bodies to a criminal. That's the way pedophiles gain power from children. Easy to gain control of. It's a power thing, not a sex thing.

Men are sexual assault victims so frequently it would amaze "society". They don't report because of the exact views that people are expressing here. "pretty woman, ugly woman, man?"

Victims often attempt suicide. That's not like "getting over it" is it now?

There's a video out there of a cop who was on duty and armed who got raped by two thugs in an alley. MALE COP. Male perps. (scuzzy, smelly, maybe diseased perps) Because of the ignorance of his coworkers he was ridiculed. His life became hell. If he'd been shot or run over or beaten it would have been "so much better".

If you really want to know something instead of just pretend you know something, why not volunteer at a rape crisis center or at least attempt to become educated. Because someone you know who seems to have behavioral problems has been sexually assaulted. People all around us are victims. It's something you can't get over. You just have to learn to live with it. Hopefully.

Old 01-04-2014, 04:30 PM

1,706 posts, read 3,310,130 times
There are multiple factors for the survivor to consider including identification of victimization, use of power and force, knowledge of their own physiological responses, availability of services for treatment, education of service provider, and other community supports. Sexual assault is a criminal act; the response to it is a personal process each person carries with themselves for any behavior recognized as 'rape,' and the response can vary over time, and if they are unlucky, due to multiple victimizations. This is like a question of pain (there are no objective measures or standards) or trying to quantify any abstraction. Because male rape is a minority in the broader community, there are few studies related to it, nor would there be quantifiable studies to compare it to female rape. And the provision of services is idiosyncratic; there is no template for treatment per person or gender, but it varies due to multiple factors, including those listed out herein.

There is help available, including groups, individual services, and often victim's compensation. Many resources can typically be found through the United Way or Women's centers. PTSD is part of treatment, but this is not to minimize other supports and reintegration and habituation to the community. Violence is violence, regardless of demographic characteristics of the victim or perpetrator.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,737,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
It depends if the guy is raped by another guy, an ugly woman, or an attractive woman.

The first would be the most traumatic, the middle very traumatic, and the last one minimally or not traumatic.
So by that logic, a woman should be less traumatized if her rapist is good looking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology