Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 08:33 PM

706 posts, read 1,207,163 times

Advertisements

I don't lack common sense. My STBE accuses me of any things. I have a career with multiple college degrees I don't need him for anything. I have endured years of being told otherwise and it's caught up with me. Last night was a very dark cold night for me. I had to turn somewhere and came here. I can't expect everyone to be supportive but most have been. It's encouraging and heart warming. Thank you.

I'm still terrified and I don't know how things will play out. I feel hopeless more than anything. I would walk away and let him have everything but for some reason people say my kids deserve more. Well I'm working 2 jobs so I can provide them with all they need. Dealing with him is a living nightmare and I'd rather not. It feels hopeless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 08:35 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,794,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat247 View Post
I don't lack common sense. My STBE accuses me of any things. I have a career with multiple college degrees I don't need him for anything. I have endured years of being told otherwise and it's caught up with me. Last night was a very dark cold night for me. I had to turn somewhere and came here. I can't expect everyone to be supportive but most have been. It's encouraging and heart warming. Thank you.

I'm still terrified and I don't know how things will play out. I feel hopeless more than anything. I would walk away and let him have everything but for some reason people say my kids desire more. Well I'm working 2 jobs so I can provide them with all they need. Dealing with him is a living nightmare and I'd rather not. It feels hopeless.

How old are your kids?

Old 01-07-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How old are your kids?
Under 10 years

Old 01-07-2014, 08:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,794,699 times
Quote:
Under 10 years
That is tough. Do your kids see how their Dad treats you? How does he treat them? I know that having young kids will complicate everything but it really does sound like it will be for the best in the long run for everyone involved. Sorry you are faced with all of this. I hope that your family can help you with getting out and getting on your own two feet.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,585,539 times
Quote:

I'm still terrified and I don't know how things will play out. I feel hopeless more than anything. I would walk away and let him have everything but for some reason people say my kids deserve more. Well I'm working 2 jobs so I can provide them with all they need. Dealing with him is a living nightmare and I'd rather not. It feels hopeless.
#1 you are not hopeless and what you are feeling is being scared to be alone. My mother who is a immigrant who could barely speak English left my father in a abusive relationship.

You work and have taken care of your kids and probably your entire family. Don't be afraid to talk to your parents either! They exist for a reason and if they knew what you were going through personally they would be angry.
It's time to leave and don't be afraid because you will see how much support you get. Wishing you the best! it's 2014 and time to "live your life"!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:24 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,585,539 times
Quote:
That is tough. Do your kids see how their Dad treats you? How does he treat them? I know that having young kids will complicate everything but it really does sound like it will be for the best in the long run for everyone involved. Sorry you are faced with all of this. I hope that your family can help you with getting out and getting on your own two feet.
Miss Terri? kids do know how spouses treat each other!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
I want what's best for everyone, including him. I don't want to ruin his life and "take him to the cleaners." I can work and support myself and the kids.

The kids have seen everything. Everyone had seen it as he's very public with his discipline or disapproval. He does this in public on purpose. He did admit to that. So everyone can see how much of a bad wife I am. Unfortunately for him people don't approve and he's burned many bridges.

He does get violent. My therapist and the DV counselor I work with have thrown warnings at me. It's just so much to take in along with working the 2 jobs and all the other stuff that come with being a mom (PTO, scouts, dance classes, sports,etx) I know I'm not the only one to go through this and certainly know other have it worse but this is what I'm going through and have come here for support, advice and counsel.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:55 PM

18,073 posts, read 27,530,227 times
When you say you're working two jobs, exactly how many hours are you putting in during a week?

Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,350,764 times
Quote:

Oh. My apologies.

Well, with your credentials I think you should just leave. You shouldn't be belittled when you have done nothing wrong.

Don't worry about the kids too much. Most children in America today (and for about the past 20 years) grow up in broken families. They will be made stronger by the experience and you will pull through as a family.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:46 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,042,752 times
I haven't read all the posts, but here's the Chicago crisis hotline:
Suicide Prevention/Crisis Intervention.................1-800-248-7475

Call. They'll give you some options immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology