Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:37 PM

757 posts, read 1,024,486 times

Advertisements

Psychologically speaking, how would you diagnose a patient, if you were a psychiatrist, who screams and yells her lungs out and abuses her dog day and night, absolutely EVERYDAY? Psychotic? Bipolar disorder? Schizophrenic? I'm at a lost here. Perhaps you'd know. This is not hypothetical; this is a real situation I encounter in my proximity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 07:56 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,283,224 times
I had a neighbor growing up who had 8 kids and she was somewhat like that - except for the abusing the dog part. I determined that the loudness of a mothers voice is directly proportional to the number of kids she is raising!

Anyway when you say abusing the dog, please give specific examples. What specifically is she doing to the dog?

And with the yelling and screaming, is there anyone else there she is yelling at? Who? Or no one?

What specific things does she scream? Can you give a few examples with the exact wording?

Old 04-21-2014, 10:39 AM

102,195 posts, read 107,823,938 times
You can report the dog abuse to the Humane Society.

Old 04-21-2014, 11:17 AM

863 posts, read 1,196,053 times
Yeah.......I believe in clinical terms she would be referred to as a "whackjob" Report her to the ASPCA or Humane society for the animal abuse, call the cops for the screaming. Her particular brand of crazy of crazy is irrelevant, the important thing would be for you to attack this problem from a distance. People like that seldom do well with confrontation.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Anyway when you say abusing the dog, please give specific examples. What specifically is she doing to the dog?

And with the yelling and screaming, is there anyone else there she is yelling at? Who? Or no one?

What specific things does she scream? Can you give a few examples with the exact wording?
You know dogs cry too when they are beaten and scared. I heard that all the time, day and night.

The crazy thing about the screaming is that it sounds like she is screaming at no one. I thought she was screaming at her kids or husband at first, but then it became quite clear that it was just her screaming with no one ever talk back. I have absolutely no idea what she was screaming about. Believe or not, there she goes again as I'm writing this....

Last edited by R. Crusoe; 04-22-2014 at 07:53 AM..

Old 04-22-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
call the cops for the screaming
Some years ago I had so much problem with noise disturbances at night in my surrounding. I did call the cops many times. They actually came to me every time and I had to explain to them the trouble was, but by then the noises were gone. The cops did their job dutifully but it was kind of difficult.

Last edited by R. Crusoe; 04-22-2014 at 06:53 AM..

Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 PM

32,635 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
I had a neighbor growing up who had 8 kids .........
It's normal behavior for a woman with 8 kids to be screaming all the time. No mental health issues, here, except she should have figured out how to not get pregnant well before the 8th lid was conceived.

Old 04-25-2014, 04:08 PM

50,730 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Psychologically speaking, how would you diagnose a patient, if you were a psychiatrist, who screams and yells her lungs out and abuses her dog day and night, absolutely EVERYDAY? Psychotic? Bipolar disorder? Schizophrenic? I'm at a lost here. Perhaps you'd know. This is not hypothetical; this is a real situation I encounter in my proximity.
That isn't nearly enough to diagnose someone with. I would absolutely call an authority if you believe the dog is being harmed. What difference does it make what her official diagnosis would be?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:02 PM

You're right. I do feel sorry for the poor dog, but I feel even worse for the woman. Mental illness (only assuming here) is really no fun. Even if she is not mentally ill, the physical toll on all her yelling and screaming must be great, just imagine her blood pressure doing all that or the damage to her throat. It'll give her heart attack one day if she keeps doing it everyday. Terrible.

I really don't know what drives her to scream and yell that much and that often. Either way, it won't be a good experience for her well being. She definitely needs a social worker if not a psychiatrist. She also should give the dog away if she can't deal with taking care of it. Some people should never keep pets.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:29 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,447,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Crusoe View Post
Psychologically speaking, how would you diagnose a patient, if you were a psychiatrist, who screams and yells her lungs out and abuses her dog day and night, absolutely EVERYDAY?
Mean.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology