Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster
Anyone disagree with this? Sure there's exceptions, but as a rule I'd say that people who cover themselves with tattoos are sadly lacking in many areas.
I agree.... I think they are UGLY and I dont like being around anyone who has one....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 08:45 PM

4,091 posts, read 6,014,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
There is. 18 and over.
Only in some states. There are others that are 16+. There is one that is 14+. At least half of the states have no minimum age. I think the biggest problem is that there's no regulation to prevent idiots from getting tattooed out of someone's house, and people are more than happy to get a crappy tattoo for a dime bag and a six pack.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:50 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Only in some states. There are others that are 16+. There is one that is 14+. At least half of the states have no minimum age. I think the biggest problem is that there's no regulation to prevent idiots from getting tattooed out of someone's house, and people are more than happy to get a crappy tattoo for a dime bag and a six pack.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_..._United_States

Quote:
In the United States, there is no federal law regulating the practice of tattooing. However, all 50 states and the District of Columbia have statutory laws requiring a person receiving a tattoo be 18 years of age or older. This is partially based on the legal principle that a minor cannot enter into a legal contract or otherwise render informed consent for a procedure. Most states permit a person under the age of 18 to receive a tattoo with permission of a parent or guardian, but some states outright prohibit tattooing under a certain age regardless of permission, with the exception of medical necessity (such as markings placed for radiation therapy).
Parents have to sign off on underage tattooing.

If someone goes to a scratcher, that is their call.... They don't realize you can have a good/nice tattoo or a cheap tattoo. You can't get both.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:51 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I agree.... I think they are UGLY and I dont like being around anyone who has one....
So you know who has them where they are sight unseen?

I bet you're a blast at parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology