Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you at least sometimes aro*sed by the thought/idea of you as the opposite s*x/gender?
Yes 4 17.39%
No 19 82.61%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 12:38 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,798,952 times

Advertisements

Apologies if this thread doesn't belong here, but I don't know if there is a better place here to put it.

Also, if this thread is inappropriate, then I apologize for this and please close this thread.

As for my question here:

As for me, Yes. I have other reasons for wanting to get a sex change (such as my desire to experience all of the things that biological women experience), but I do have to admit that the idea of visualizing myself as a woman also appears to aro*se me sometimes.

I made this poll's votes private so that no one else can see how exactly you voted in this poll.

And Yes, I do think that this is a legitimate question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 12:48 AM

5,493 posts, read 3,934,268 times
my only question is regarding why you're self-censoring "arouse"/"aroused" and "sex"

Of course it's a legitimate question. I myself cannot relate to this particular mindset--I'll add one to the "no" tally. IMO this might prove to be one of the more lopsided polls in city-data history

Old 06-06-2014, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
1. my only question is regarding why you're self-censoring "arouse"/"aroused" and "sex"

2. Of course it's a legitimate question. I myself cannot relate to this particular mindset--I'll add one to the "no" tally. IMO this might prove to be one of the more lopsided polls in city-data history
1. Just to be on the safe side. After all, aren't there some teenagers on this forum?

2. Out of curiosity, do you mean lopsided in favor of your mindset or in favor of my mindset?

Old 06-06-2014, 01:09 AM

5,493 posts, read 3,934,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
1. Just to be on the safe side. After all, aren't there some teenagers on this forum?

2. Out of curiosity, do you mean lopsided in favor of your mindset or in favor of my mindset?
I'm thinking in favor of mine. Perhaps I'll be wrong. There was a transgender poster who used to post on this forum, Amy with some numbers after her name. Amy1190, something like that. Haven't seen that username pop up in a while. Otherwise, I don't think there are any posters who've identified as such. The ways for me to be wrong about my prediction would be:

a.)if I'm wrong in my assumption that this phenomenon would be extremely rare for non-transgender people, or

b.)if I'm wrong in my assumption that the vast, vast majority of posters on this forum are non-transgender

(And maybe I'm mistaken to exclude entirely non-transgender homosexuals from my attempt at explaining my mindset logically-ish above--but even for the sake of argument, what percentages are we talking here)

Guess I'll stop speculating and let others respond to the poll/thread

Old 06-06-2014, 09:50 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,293,496 times
I voted yes. I've always been a curious sort of person, so sometimes I have imagined what it would be like to be female. But then I see how some men mistreat women and then think it might not be such a good thing.

The one thing which will snap me back into reality is to be suckered into taking a woman shopping. One time I took an elderly neighbor to 10 different furniture stores in the area and she couldn't find ONE chair she liked - wanted to continue "shopping" the next day! I said that was the ONLY day I can take her shopping for 6 months, so she had better make up her mind. Then she suddenly decided she liked one chair she had looked at and we went and bought it. Arrrrgggg!

Anyway after experiences like that, I am thankful I am a man and can go into ONE store, buy what I need, then LEAVE!

Old 06-06-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
1. But then I see how some men mistreat women and then think it might not be such a good thing.

2. The one thing which will snap me back into reality is to be suckered into taking a woman shopping. One time I took an elderly neighbor to 10 different furniture stores in the area and she couldn't find ONE chair she liked - wanted to continue "shopping" the next day! I said that was the ONLY day I can take her shopping for 6 months, so she had better make up her mind. Then she suddenly decided she liked one chair she had looked at and we went and bought it. Arrrrgggg!

Anyway after experiences like that, I am thankful I am a man and can go into ONE store, buy what I need, then LEAVE!
1. Well, in such a scenario, you could still sometimes cross-dress as a man.

2. You appear to be hastily generalizing here. I don't see why you would need to go to ten different stores if you were a woman.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:01 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,394,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
I voted yes. I've always been a curious sort of person, so sometimes I have imagined what it would be like to be female. But then I see how some men mistreat women and then think it might not be such a good thing.

The one thing which will snap me back into reality is to be suckered into taking a woman shopping. One time I took an elderly neighbor to 10 different furniture stores in the area and she couldn't find ONE chair she liked - wanted to continue "shopping" the next day! I said that was the ONLY day I can take her shopping for 6 months, so she had better make up her mind. Then she suddenly decided she liked one chair she had looked at and we went and bought it. Arrrrgggg!

She was just lonely. I can buy something online and don't even need to go to the store. It's a myth that most women love to shop till they drop.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:56 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
The only reason I would ever want to be a man is so I can pee standing up.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:20 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,293,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
The only reason I would ever want to be a man is so I can pee standing up.
Actually there are ways to do that! Search google.com for the following words...

women pee standing up

Old 06-07-2014, 01:00 PM

20,022 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Apologies if this thread doesn't belong here, but I don't know if there is a better place here to put it.

Also, if this thread is inappropriate, then I apologize for this and please close this thread.

As for my question here:

As for me, Yes. I have other reasons for wanting to get a sex change (such as my desire to experience all of the things that biological women experience), but I do have to admit that the idea of visualizing myself as a woman also appears to aro*se me sometimes.

I made this poll's votes private so that no one else can see how exactly you voted in this poll.

And Yes, I do think that this is a legitimate question.
I'm not sure what one is supposed to conclude if they are aroused at the idea of being the opposite sex. I am male and have never been aroused at the idea of my own maleness ... I am aroused by women's femaleness. So ... I would conclude from this that just because somewhere on this planet a woman might feel aroused at the fantasy of being a man, I would not take that as an indication that she'd be better off as a man, since AFAIK, such feelings aren't part of being a man. I might think differently if I, as a man of presumably the "correct" gender for my brain, got off on the fact that, wow, I'm a dude, in a dude's body. But that is not what dudes normally do to my knowledge and I doubt it is what women normally do, either.

My next question would be, do homosexuals find themselves arousing? My guess is, no to that one as well, although I'll leave that one to gay folks to answer. If homosexuals found their own bodies or their own gender identity arousing, then I'd take such feelings as possibly evidence that the OP is the wrong gender identity but would undergo a sex change only to end up as a homosexual (not an inherently bad thing, but feels like bad value for going through all that surgery, given that it's supposed to be a clarifying experience).

I am not being facetious here, I'm just curious about the experience of my fellow humans. If the OP finds the idea of being the opposite gender arousing, yet no one who is comfortable as the gender they are feels that way already, what on earth is one to make of that? I'd be prone to chalk it off to a personal quirk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology