Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 03:06 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times

Advertisements

I think this all depends on one's own happiness. If one is truly happy with their life, they will not be so upset over little things. If one is not happy with their live (bad marriage, bad job, bad family situation, bad health, lonely...) they will be more angry at others easily. I don't think age is as important as some may think, it is life situations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 06:17 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,655,613 times
I'm 53 and have found in the past ten years or so I have really culled many "friends" out of my life...I just don't have patience for the same amount of bs I did when I was younger...I can count on one hand my true friends and other then family everyone else is just background noise...I guess it's true that the older you get the smaller your world becomes...

Old 10-31-2014, 06:37 PM

432 posts, read 359,948 times
I've come to care less what other people think. That lets me not keep feeling mad about things that I let go, but it also makes me not reactive angrily and emotionally about things.

But going off on somebody at their workplace, unless they obviously did something deliberate and egregious, seems out of line. People have to take enough crap at their jobs, from their bosses and from their customers and just from doing something that they (often) hate for a living. Don't be the jerk that makes their day worse just to let off your steam.

If you really think that complaining might make a difference, or if you won't be going back and you want the management to know why, complaining is great. But if you "go off", they won't remember your complaint, they'll just remember the guy that made a big fuss.

Wow, I guess the answer to your question is, Yes! I have less patience with the drama of people who overreact.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:15 PM

1,339 posts, read 3,467,171 times
Yes. Next question.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:50 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. Either your job is not what you want, or someone else in your life is annoying you to the point that you have less patience for others. Been there, done that. You need to think about all the entities in your life - employer, co-workers, family, friends, etc and try to pin down just who it is that's causing you grief. Maybe all of them - but some more than others, so find out who.

I think that de-stressing is the only thing that will turn this around. This is NOT an age thing. Yes, stress can be cumulative, in that years of it can mount. Being that annoyed with other people is not normal, esp if it's becoming constant. You likely feel that someone, in some situation, is taking advantage of you.
I agree with this. This period of my life is quite stressful.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:52 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,059,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I think this all depends on one's own happiness. If one is truly happy with their life, they will not be so upset over little things. If one is not happy with their live (bad marriage, bad job, bad family situation, bad health, lonely...) they will be more angry at others easily. I don't think age is as important as some may think, it is life situations.
Right. I think this plays a lot into it. Though I will say my life now is WAY better than it was when I used to be a doormat.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:24 PM

87 posts, read 92,828 times
at age 55.

i say get on with it and get lost.

Old 01-21-2015, 07:26 PM

11,161 posts, read 7,967,013 times
Don't work in customer service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology