Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 03:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
So my bro marries this girl and she is either the biggest cheapskate or a gold digger. She never contributes to their household.... not mortgage, not utilities, not cellphone, not car payment, and not even groceries. She won't even goto the market unless accompanied by my bro who always pays. They had a baby and guess what, she wont even buy diapers, baby food or toys either!!!!!

She had a job that paid well but claimed that she gave all her money to her parents which sounds weird for someone married and in her 30s to be doing. She suddenly quit her job after having the baby.

I have even overheard her screaming while talking to someone on the phone about money. She never does this when my bro is home. Only when he leaves.

My brother is suspicious too as he hides all his mail from her and wont tell her about properties he owns.

So do you think shes a gold digger?
It would have been easier to have a contract before marriage. All this hiding and scheming is unnecessary.I'd say both are pretty individually concentrate on themselves really .Marriage on paper only as there is obviously no partnership but that is their business. I worry more about being first to be legally place in nursing home in that situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 04:35 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,028,525 times
I don't understand why he's venting about all of this to his dad and why it's some huge topic of conversation for the whole family but hasn't addressed it with his wife. Just seems odd to me.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:59 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,628,007 times
Quote:
So my bro marries this girl and she is either the biggest cheapskate or a gold digger. She never contributes to their household.... not mortgage, not utilities, not cellphone, not car payment, and not even groceries. She won't even goto the market unless accompanied by my bro who always pays. They had a baby and guess what, she wont even buy diapers, baby food or toys either!!!!!

She had a job that paid well but claimed that she gave all her money to her parents which sounds weird for someone married and in her 30s to be doing. She suddenly quit her job after having the baby.

I have even overheard her screaming while talking to someone on the phone about money. She never does this when my bro is home. Only when he leaves.

My brother is suspicious too as he hides all his mail from her and wont tell her about properties he owns.

So do you think shes a gold digger?
Let's see if we have all the facts.

1. Your brother makes over 100K a year
2. Owns a 750K house
3. Has enough money to buy properties with out his wife's knowledge or consent
4. Has complete power over the family's finances (you can't secretly buy property otherwise).
5. Married a woman of his own free will.
6. Fathered a child with said wife.
7. Doesn't feel he should have to buy groceries or diapers with 'his' money for his own wife and child.
8. Begrudges his wife having a cell phone.
9. Cries to his own Daddy about EVERYTHING, who in turn can't keep his big mouth shut about them.
10. Feels that his wife should leave her own family hanging, while he's still breast feeding on his parents attention.
11. Even his sibling feels he is so pathetic that they have to look out for him because he isn't man enough to deal with his own perceived problems.

Did I miss anything?

Oh yeah, even years later he is still complaining about what his wife did with her money before she had to quit work to take care of HIS CHILD. All while keeping his own spending secret from her. Yeah, he's a real peach.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:28 PM

861 posts, read 1,337,710 times
Wrong. He bought the properties long before he met her. He never complained about supporting his family, he complained about her contributing $0. What woman hands over 2 years worth of paychecks to her parents after getting married? Why even get married if they are dependent on you? Oh right cause she can just leech off him. And who needs a new cellphone every year when it costs $700-1000, a gold digger who doesn't worry about costs because she's not responsible for the bills.

If after marriage your wife or husband decided to sign over all their assets and paychecks to their parents and declared you sole responsible for every household expense you'd be calling the divorce lawyer. Oh and she/he would need your car too since they no longer have a car.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:58 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,628,007 times
Quote:
Wrong. He bought the properties long before he met her. He never complained about supporting his family, he complained about her contributing $0. What woman hands over 2 years worth of paychecks to her parents after getting married? Why even get married if they are dependent on you? Oh right cause she can just leech off him. And who needs a new cellphone every year when it costs $700-1000, a gold digger who doesn't worry about costs because she's not responsible for the bills.

If after marriage your wife or husband decided to sign over all their assets and paychecks to their parents and declared you sole responsible for every household expense you'd be calling the divorce lawyer. Oh and she/he would need your car too since they no longer have a car.
I'm sorry that I misunderstood. Instead of hiding his purchases after he was married, he actually hid his assets from her from the very beginning. I'm thinking he was never really committed to this woman at all, and she knows it. Is your bro having problems making ends meet? Is he considering bankruptcy? Does he have a part-time job as a stock clerk at the local grocer? If not, then he can well afford these pathetically insignificant expenditures, without having to whine about them. If he doesn't love this woman, and WANT to care for her, he should dump her. Then you two could really spend some quality time together without her butting in.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:58 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,101,114 times
Quote:

A woman who knows deep down that the marriage isn't going to last because she married a cheap skate
who hides funds, secretly own's property, begrudges every dime he gives her, and whines to daddy about his problems. It's probably her escape fund and who can blame her? She's got a husband who talks about her behind her back, a father in law who probably despises her based on what her hubby says, and a brother in law who's bad mouthing her.

and Ramkobe. It's really none of your business what goes on in their home. It's their marriage. Let them work it out.

and for those who think staying home and taking care of an infant or young child is being lazy, I suggest you try it first before posting an opinion.

Last edited by Lauriedeee; 01-24-2015 at 09:24 PM..

Old 01-24-2015, 09:13 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,778,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VT'ah View Post
Well...I usually consider women who make the excuse that they have children at home so they cannot work is LAZY and nonsense. It is called manipulation of the man so they don't have to work. If you want to stay home with a kid until they are 2 then go for it...but not 5 or 6 or 7.
Kindergarten generally starts when the child is 5. Daycare is expensive (plus, many people do not daycare for a variety of reasons).

Quote:
The point of a joint account is so both couples contribute correct? So what would be the point when he contributes 100% and she contributes nothing? She gave every paycheck to her parents supposedly.

Get this, she's now begging him for a new minivan!!!!!! SMH.
I stayed home with my 3 children until they were in elementary school. DH and I had a joint account. He contributed. I withdrew! My job of raising my children did not come with a tangible paycheck.

Quote:
Sounds like most people in here are in their 90s who got married in the 50s if they think what she's doing is "traditional." I thought women nowadays wanted equality and no longer depended on men to take care of them.

Maybe this is a new tradition where working wives keep all the money for themselves and still leech off their husbands.
Nope! I was a stay at home mom in the 1990s. So were 90% of the women in my neighborhood (and 1 stay at home dad!). I still live in a very traditional family oriented neighborhood.

OP, WHY IS THIS ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS? BUTT OUT!

Old 01-24-2015, 09:56 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:

If you've already decided she's a golddigger, why did you start a thread here asking how to tell if someone's a golddigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe;
I'm not the only one who thinks she's a gold digger as everyone in our family is suspicious of her motives. So he's doing the right thing by hiding his assets.
Sounds like you've already got plenty of people to confer with on this, without our input.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:08 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Seems as though the OP has already made up his mind about her being a gold digger... So what's the purpose of the thread? He "asks"how one can tell.. Then wants to argue about what makes one a gold digger.
hmm...

Old 01-25-2015, 01:09 AM

861 posts, read 1,337,710 times
A cheapskate? He puts a roof over her head (a nice expensive roof I might add), feeds her, clothes her, buys her expensive jewelry, takes her on expensive vacations, sporting events, movies, new smartphones every year (might want to check how much they cost off contact) and is about to purchase her a $40k minivan. You gold diggers are all alike, it's never enough. SMH.

When you got married did you fill out a financial form disclosing your entire assets including your piggy bank? Of course not. Neither did she as she failed to disclose that she planned to give away her assets and paychecks. Kinda sneaky don't you think? And you wonder why he doesn't trust her?

Last I heard marriage is about equal partnership and trust. Giving away all her assets to her mother and leeching off his money isn't equal partnership nor is it trustworthy. Maybe if she got off her lazy ass and got groceries once in awhile it might be different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology