Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 04:29 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,417 times

Advertisements

Does she takes care of the household? Often work at home wives are underestimate...

Gold diggers usually do nothin' just got their hubbys credit card and spend like crazy.

Besides, it's your brother issue, not yours. Learn from his mistakes, but live your own life.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 05:18 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,002,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
So my bro marries this girl and she is either the biggest cheapskate or a gold digger. She never contributes to their household.... not mortgage, not utilities, not cellphone, not car payment, and not even groceries. She won't even goto the market unless accompanied by my bro who always pays. They had a baby and guess what, she wont even buy diapers, baby food or toys either!!!!!

She had a job that paid well but claimed that she gave all her money to her parents which sounds weird for someone married and in her 30s to be doing. She suddenly quit her job after having the baby.

I have even overheard her screaming while talking to someone on the phone about money. She never does this when my bro is home. Only when he leaves.

My brother is suspicious too as he hides all his mail from her and wont tell her about properties he owns.

So do you think shes a gold digger?
She's his wife, not his roommate. It's none of your business how they handle their finances or who pays what. It's also not your business if they choose for her not to work after having a baby. That's not a gold digger - it's someone who wants to raise their child themselves, or perhaps who can't make enough to outweigh the cost of daycare, or both. Again, not your business. If he married her and had a child with her, then there is something wrong with *him* if he is hiding so many things from her. Your attitude really sucks considering she is the mother of your niece/nephew. You should butt out before you make things worse for them.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:18 AM

444 posts, read 582,205 times
Default Easy

Well...I usually consider women who make the excuse that they have children at home so they cannot work is LAZY and nonsense. It is called manipulation of the man so they don't have to work. If you want to stay home with a kid until they are 2 then go for it...but not 5 or 6 or 7.

Second, I know a guy who is a very wealthy lawyer, approaching 60, and has a very hot wife who is about 43 years old...she flirts with me...talks about her daughters driving BMW's, etc. that is a gold digger.

Just look at all of these nasty people on Jersey Shore, Kardashian, etc. They didn't earn that money themselves!!!!

Old 01-23-2015, 06:31 AM

366 posts, read 433,072 times
A married women who has children with her husband is not a gold digger. Especially if they are around the same age, social and economic level, etc.. True, there are some women who will refuse to work at all because she believes that the man should be the primary bread winner, which is becoming harder and harder to do in this day and age. However, I know a woman who has spent most of her adult life marrying men and having children with them. Not necessarily spitting out kids to collect a government check, but she has five ranging in age from 1 year to 27 years old. She became pregnant at age 42, when her husband didn't really want to have any more children because he felt that they were getting too old for newborns. She does this in order to continue to not work and stay at home, while her husband works his butt off. Her husband is a bit of a mouse and she tends to run all over him. She loves to shop and plan expensive vacations....that would be a gold digger in my opinion. She also rides the child support gravy train all the way to mashed potato town.

You also have people like Anna Nicole Smith....the ultimate gold digger.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:35 AM

861 posts, read 1,336,181 times
I don't think he knew cause while they were dating she drove a nice newish car and had a good paying job. Then soon after they marry she gives her car to her mom and starts driving my brother's car which costs twice as much.

I don't think he expected her to pay the mortgage but groceries? ???? The fridge could be empty and she will wait till he takes her to the market and pays. She likes to go on expensive vacations and have expensive smartphones but pays $0. She won't even buy fuel for the car and waits until he fills it up.

And I don't think she cares about the baby either. Not only does she never buys diapers, milk, food or toys but she never takes her out anywhere. No parks, no shopping, nowhere. .... except when my brother takes them and pays for everything. He has never complained to me about her but has expressed bewilderment and resentment to our dad. I mean how do you get married and not contribute a single penny to the household? ?????

Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
I don't think he knew cause while they were dating she drove a nice newish car and had a good paying job. Then soon after they marry she gives her car to her mom and starts driving my brother's car which costs twice as much.

I don't think he expected her to pay the mortgage but groceries? ???? The fridge could be empty and she will wait till he takes her to the market and pays. She likes to go on expensive vacations and have expensive smartphones but pays $0. She won't even buy fuel for the car and waits until he fills it up.

And I don't think she cares about the baby either. Not only does she never buys diapers, milk, food or toys but she never takes her out anywhere. No parks, no shopping, nowhere. .... except when my brother takes them and pays for everything. He has never complained to me about her but has expressed bewilderment and resentment to our dad. I mean how do you get married and not contribute a single penny to the household? ?????
Do I understand correctly that at the time this woman got married, she transferred all her assets to her parents? If so, then it should be obvious that she intends to keep what is hers out of the hands of her husband, and rely on him to provide for her. If he's madly in love, then I suppose he's stuck with her. If he's not, then he should probably bail out of the marriage and cut his losses.

He might be wise to transfer all of his assets to someone else as well. That would give the couple an opportunity to build a life together on equal ground. That is, when she wants an expensive phone or vacation, he can point out that there's simply no money for those luxuries ... unless perhaps she wants to use some of the assets that she transferred to her parents.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:25 AM

861 posts, read 1,336,181 times
That's exactly what she did. Plus gave them all her paychecks supposedly.

She is very manipulative so I have no doubt she will continue to get her way. Whenever she wants something she talks in this baby voice like "awwwwww honey" sooooo annoying. I just want hurl and slap her.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:40 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
So do you think shes a gold digger?
Gold diggers marry only the guys with the gold...the $$$. Sounds like your bro is typical middle-class to me, not anything that would attract a real gold digger. Despite changes in modern society, husbands are supposed to support their wives. Wives are supposed to care for the home, and raise the children. Nothing about that has changed, legally. Sounds like both parties are carrying out their responsibilities.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
That's exactly what she did. Plus gave them all her paychecks supposedly.

She is very manipulative so I have no doubt she will continue to get her way. Whenever she wants something she talks in this baby voice like "awwwwww honey" sooooo annoying. I just want hurl and slap her.
I suspect that she's not entirely truthful about giving all her assets to her parents. Perhaps she added their names to her assets, but giving them away entirely would be foolish. Is she an only child that expects to inherit all of her parent's assets, or is there a chance that siblings will expect to benefit from her efforts to hide assets?

If she has moved her assets such that her husband can't touch them, then I would venture to guess that she's not exactly committed to building a life together with her husband. Can't your brother see that? Is he thinking that she'll come around in a couple of years and decide to invest financially in their life together? Were her assets significantly greater than your brother's assets such that she feared that she would be supporting him?

Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Gold diggers marry only the guys with the gold...the $$$. Sounds like your bro is typical middle-class to me, not anything that would attract a real gold digger. Despite changes in modern society, husbands are supposed to support their wives. Wives are supposed to care for the home, and raise the children. Nothing about that has changed, legally. Sounds like both parties are carrying out their responsibilities.
As long as they are living within their means, that makes complete sense. However, if both parties enter the marriage with a working vehicle, and upon marriage one party suddenly disposes of the vehicle and expects to be provided with a new vehicle, that's not exactly traditional. It's also not exactly traditional that one party wants to live with the luxuries afforded by a single person when married with children. Everyone has to re-evaluate what is possible within the family budget after marriage with children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology