Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:01 AM

214 posts, read 330,011 times

Advertisements

Hi guys,

so recently i have been having these thoughts and i am not sure what to think. i have these occasional thoughts that if i dind't have to face jail time, there are people i would happily kill. i know this sounds f-ing crazy and psychopathic, but i am aware enough to know i wouldn't kill anyone because i don't want to go to jail.

i am so terrified of jail that i try to avoid confrontation or any illegal situations where possible. i guess you could say i am paranoid about jail time. i enjoy being free and experiencing life, waking up everyday and seeing the world, the blue sky, grass, hearing the birds chirping etc, so going from that to being stuck in a small cell scares the s*** out of me!

am i a strange case or is this normal for others to experience these kind of thoughts? i have even thought of ways i would go about killing certain people if i could get away with the murders. i know that i would never commit murder though, believe me when i say that. some people just really rile me up to the point i would gladly see them suffer pain.

what are your thoughts on me? i am perfectly sane and normal person, but just occasional these thoughts enter my head, although i would never ever act on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 10:52 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,241 times
There are things I would like to do if it weren't for the possibility of ramifications, though they aren't as extreme as murder . And I think people would be lying if they said they never *thought* about punching someone, stealing, cheating, attacking someone (physically or verbally), plowing someone down with their car or doing something else that is immoral and/or inappropriate. It doesn't mean that they would ever act on those things though.

Sometimes I want to steal stuff. I hate that we rarely, if ever get to use our money for fun stuff or splurge, so sometimes I think how easy it would be just to steal something, but like you, I don't want to go to jail or even go through any legal dramas. The effects of this on not only myself, but my children far outweigh the risk of taking something, so I don't do it. Ever. I also never smoked weed when I was in college because I was too scared of getting caught. I drank some when I was under 21, but I was careful of when and where and with whom. The possibility of an MIP, probation, etc was too much for me.

As to whether or not you are normal, I would say yes. Yes, you think about doing bad things, I think we all do, but the difference between you and a true psychopath is that you understand the ramifications of such acts and you know they are morally wrong. Psychos don't have morals and don't fear punishment. I think it *could* be dangerous to constantly think about and focus on these things, so I would suggest you learn techniques like meditation or take yoga or do something that clears your mind easily so that you can then redirect your thoughts to something else.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:59 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Depends on why you want to kill them. Someone hurt or abuse someone you love? Or you just don't like the shirt someone is wearing?

Old 07-27-2015, 11:06 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,758,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California_Aspirer View Post
Hi guys,

so recently i have been having these thoughts and i am not sure what to think. i have these occasional thoughts that if i dind't have to face jail time, there are people i would happily kill. i know this sounds f-ing crazy and psychopathic, but i am aware enough to know i wouldn't kill anyone because i don't want to go to jail.

i am so terrified of jail that i try to avoid confrontation or any illegal situations where possible. i guess you could say i am paranoid about jail time. i enjoy being free and experiencing life, waking up everyday and seeing the world, the blue sky, grass, hearing the birds chirping etc, so going from that to being stuck in a small cell scares the s*** out of me!

am i a strange case or is this normal for others to experience these kind of thoughts? i have even thought of ways i would go about killing certain people if i could get away with the murders. i know that i would never commit murder though, believe me when i say that. some people just really rile me up to the point i would gladly see them suffer pain.

what are your thoughts on me? i am perfectly sane and normal person, but just occasional these thoughts enter my head, although i would never ever act on them.

Most people have these thoughts sooner or later, but they go away when you come up with a more sensible and feasible plan to deal with or get away from the person. People think about murder when they're completely out of ideas.

Unless they chew with their mouths open. Then they need to be killed. Immediately.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 AM

214 posts, read 330,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Depends on why you want to kill them. Someone hurt or abuse someone you love? Or you just don't like the shirt someone is wearing?
Well just one example would be a couple of guys in the gym i go to. They are rude, ignorant and their attitudes rile me up, but i keep it bubbling away inside and sometimes i see them doing a chest press and would love to just push their arms so the bar falls on their chest.

it sounds extreme and sometimes i have to reel these thoughts in and just forget about these guys as once i leave the gym i forget about them entirely. However, people with bad attitudes really wind me up and it irritates me to no end. i usually just go into the quiet boxing studio and wail away at the punch bag to let out steam and aggression that is pent up.

Just to reiterate, i would never act on these thoughts, so i apologise if what i say sounds graphic, but i do know right from wrong

Old 07-27-2015, 08:46 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,285,568 times
They say it is normal to have these "terrible" thoughts, but to not carry them out.

The "crazy" part is when someone actually does it.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:50 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,044,790 times
So...what's the problem?

I would like to kill a few people too...but some clowns in the gym who think they are the cat's meow...I WOULDN'T WASTE bullets on.

Something else must be eating your lunch...???

?

Old 07-27-2015, 10:12 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
It seems a pretty extreme reaction to random people at the gym who are being annoying. It would be a bit more understandable of a reaction to someone who is responsible for some life-destroying thing, say, raped a loved one, abused a child, or similar.

A murderous rage toward people who are simply irritating?

Yeah, I'd say that's out of proportion.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:14 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
All it tells me is that laws work.

Believe me, most of us know someone Wed do away with if it were legal.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:23 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,355,248 times
If it's only 'occasional thoughts,' it sounds perfectly normal to me- as long as you wouldn't go through with it, and if you don't drive yourself nuts obsessing over it. It's rational that you realize there are consequences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology