Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 07:39 AM

9,692 posts, read 7,435,738 times

Advertisements

I hate parents that have kids, i hate the i should get paid more than you but do less work because i have kids
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 07:52 AM

36,511 posts, read 16,106,833 times
After my daughter was grown, I paid little attention to kids and babies. Could not understand the oohs and ahhs about babies and showing the pictures.

The whining grates on my nerves and the manners

Then my daughter had a child and I had a granddaughter.....all that stuff went out the window. I would gush and show pictures, ugh....I thought wait!!! other people are not going to see her as I do and I have to remind myself how uninterested I was in other peoples children or grandchildren.

OP You are not weird.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:55 AM

84 posts, read 72,204 times
I actually love babies, and like well-behaved kids. But those are few and far between because self-centered parents who think that procreating means their job is done--and their offspring have to be the center of EVERYONE'S universe--tend to produce horribly behaved, loud, rude, whiny, obnoxious kids. You let your kids run around screaming and throwing things in public while you sit there staring at your phone or continuing your conversation like it's not even happening. Like that is your RIGHT.

Yes, you're inconveniencing and annoying others when you do not control your kids and raise them properly. Other people have rights too, and you're trampling on those rights. You don't get a free pass on that just because you had unprotected sex and sperm met egg.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:24 AM

3,423 posts, read 4,393,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Well,

I, for one, am happy there are actually people out there who see kids for what they are: a tedious chore and a drain on resources. Let us also not forget that they are convenient excuse to be sort of antisocial.

Example:

Do you want to go out and have fun tonight?
No, I have to stay home and take care of the kids.
Childfree folks, I can get along with. Child phobic folks, are too antisocial themselves IMO to want to hang around them for very long.

I don't have kids but I can certainly appreciate that they're demanding on their parents' time, energy, finances, and whatever other resources they might have. OTOH I feel sorry for anyone who has zero appreciation for the fact that kids can be an absolute blast.

There isn't anything "antisocial" about families with kids--they just socialize with one another. Little League sports games, Disneyland, water parks, neighbourhood BBQs, playing at the park, camping trips, school field trips, school concerts.... yeah, that's quite antisocial. LOL.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:27 AM

6,039 posts, read 6,083,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
Well,

I, for one, am happy there are actually people out there who see kids for what they are: a tedious chore and a drain on resources. Let us also not forget that they are convenient excuse to be sort of antisocial.

Example:

Do you want to go out and have fun tonight?
No, I have to stay home and take care of the kids.

Don't get me wrong, though, they are great, but it's silly, in my opinion, to expect every one, even every married couple, to have children by a certain age. Let people enjoy their lives. Believe it or not, there are women out there perfectly content to NOT have the responsibility of taking care of babies and children, especially with child protection laws becoming so strict. If I ever have kids, I think I'm going to move to a foreign country where I can do whatever I very well please with my kids without the government trying to stop me...I hope places like that still exist.
What a ray of sunshine!

Old 11-15-2015, 09:43 AM

13,526 posts, read 9,088,918 times
I don't really like many children, I quite like babies & toddlers but once they reach a certain age they are either precocious or just brats ... I have lots of nieces & newphews & as much as I love them I'm quite happy not to see them very often, infact (& this may sound cruel) a couple of them I just don't like, horrible spoilt little brats that stamp their feet, scream & their parents think they are the most wonderful & angelic little darlings! As I have got older I hate the fact that friends that have kids seem to lose their whole lives & personality & everything is about their brats. Every Facebook update a photo of one of their kids, it bores me rigid... I hate pushy parents too that try to live the lives they wish they'd had through their kids, I have one friend like that who is one of these annoying dance Mums & who sends them to every type of after school dance & drama club going

Old 11-15-2015, 09:43 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,823,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaNYC View Post
Exactly. Having kids is incredibly more self-centered than NOT having kids, in more ways than one. Besides forcibly bringing a life into this world for your own selfish purposes and desires, you're also contributing to more resources being used from the earth, and creating more waste, blah blah, the list goes on and on. Childfree people, choosing to not have children, are way less selfish. It's hilariously absurd to me that people call childfree people selfish, when it's actually the other way around.
I have no kids..just my dogs and the crying I hear in the stores is SO annoying but I don't agree with this. This sounds to me like building your side up by tearing the other side down sort of thing.
I don't think either action is selfish. Some parents are selfish. Some child free people are selfish. There is no clear cut answer.
I know I sound wishy washy but reason being, sometimes people don't mean to have kids (yes there is the option of abortion but that is a difficult decision that not everyone can do. Forcing people to have an abortion that they don't want would be one of the most selfish things you can do). If people do decide to have children, it's a decision that most of the time is not taken lightly. I can understand that there are possibly parents that have kids to gain welfare which boggles me but I know there's plenty that wouldn't.

Besides everyone is selfish to some degree so that's another reason I don't think it is accurate to say that one of these choices is selfish. Sure I could easily say my mom was selfish for bringing me into this world as my life has turned out to be crap and I mostly burden but I try to see it from her side. I know she cares..as she said she probably thought she could change him and the marriage also started out okay. She might be naive at times but not selfish.
Overpopulation can easily be a problem but if everyone thought this way, there wouldn't be much life on this planet and it might be a lonely existence for those who actually existed.

Last edited by Nickchick; 11-15-2015 at 09:56 AM..

Old 11-15-2015, 12:22 PM

649 posts, read 573,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
My dogs are behave better in public than most children I run into
Maybe so but my kid has never humped anyone's leg or pooped on anyone's lawn (at least I hope not.) There are just as many annoying dog owners as parents. I have a neighbor that lets her dog roam free around the neighborhood. That little mutt is always terrorizing my cat and pooping in my yard. I think it's so selfish that my neighbor doesn't respect my decision to be dog-free-by-choice. It's not fair that I have to suffer because some stupid dog couldn't keep her legs closed.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:07 PM

73,133 posts, read 62,985,569 times
I've spent part of my afternoon at Starbucks today, still there at the moment. I'm reminded of one thing. It is not children themselves that annoy me. It is the disrespectful, loud ones that bother me. Most of the kids in Starbucks today have been decent. Only one kid was acting up. My reaction: mixture of annoyance, anger, and cringing. Annoyed because the kid is causing a scene. Angry because the kid if being disrespectful(he was with his parents). I started cringing thinking that either his parents seem to tolerate this kind of behavior, or that one of the parents might slap him in the store. I've seen mothers slap their kids in public. That scene reminded me of why I don't have kids. I couldn't deal with it.

Old 11-15-2015, 03:16 PM

6,625 posts, read 6,588,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
I don't like dogs so I don't have one. Here's a simple solution, don't have kids, avoid them if you can and try to be nice to the kids that you can't avoid. Also, try to remember that you were an annoying kid at one time so cut kids a little slack. Like I said, I don't like dogs but when I visit someone with a dog, I pat the little monster on its head and discreetly shoo it away.
Love this answer! Being nice when you have to for the sake of parents or pet owners, goes a LONG way in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology