Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 06:59 AM

12 posts, read 10,617 times

Advertisements

Most people would tell you that partying at their age now is nothing compared to having that same fun feeling as if they were age 19-21, even 25 year olds would say those were the best ages to party and deny the fact that their current age is also still the best years of their lives? Why cant most people make their older ages the best years of their lives to party still? It seems that after age 21, that is when the partying and the fun ends and reality begins, why cant most people make any age their best years of their lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 07:33 AM

242 posts, read 262,994 times
HHmm here where I live we party until we feel like it. Doesn't matter the age. Maybe its an American thing?
Anyway in my view going to disco/clubs are usually for very young...after 26 discos are not appealing anymore.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:49 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Define "partying"?

I have many friends in their 40s and 50s, married and single, and they are out several times a week, watching bands, at the local pub, going to weekend beach trips, etc. Is that what you mean?

Old 12-24-2015, 09:04 AM

461 posts, read 1,314,629 times
When one ages, they typically become more mature and realize partying isn't as important as when they were kids. I'm assuming your definition of "partying" is going to clubs/bars and drinking a lot. I loved it when I was in my 20's but now see it as silly and a waste of time. I do know a couple of 40-50 yr olds who "party" like youngsters and their maturity level clearly reflects it. The things Zentropa mentions are things I now consider more fun than "partying."

Old 12-24-2015, 10:20 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,772,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanToronto View Post
Most people would tell you that partying at their age now is nothing compared to having that same fun feeling as if they were age 19-21, even 25 year olds would say those were the best ages to party and deny the fact that their current age is also still the best years of their lives? Why cant most people make their older ages the best years of their lives to party still? It seems that after age 21, that is when the partying and the fun ends and reality begins, why cant most people make any age their best years of their lives?
My mid-30s were some of the best years of my life, and I did zero partying then.

Now that I am 2 decades older, life is still pretty good and I still do zero partying.

Partying is not the ultimate peak of life for everyone.

Old 12-24-2015, 10:40 AM

112 posts, read 103,505 times
I have traveled, partied and had lots of fun as a teen and 20s but I never did drugs, or got drunk...
Life took over as a parent, and I think "fun" to me, is not drinking, or staying out to 4
It is walking on the beach, visiting a museum, fun times with friends, I like to learn...
"partying" isnt fun for me, but once in a while it is fun to get dressed up and go dancing...

Old 12-24-2015, 12:03 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,907,427 times
The OP is mistaken in his notion that "the best years of one's life" equals "partying a lot."

Old 12-24-2015, 03:23 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
I stopped that in my mid 20s when I settled down and had my first kid. I think having kids makes you realize what is really important. I guess there are a lot of exceptions to that, but I gladly put my kids ahead of a partying lifestyle. I don't think I ever really enjoyed partying anyway. I just did it because everyone else did. I truly enjoyed my kids, though.

Old 12-24-2015, 11:41 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I stopped that in my mid 20s when I settled down and had my first kid. I think having kids makes you realize what is really important. I guess there are a lot of exceptions to that, but I gladly put my kids ahead of a partying lifestyle. I don't think I ever really enjoyed partying anyway. I just did it because everyone else did. I truly enjoyed my kids, though.
So,what about people without kids?

You assume they do not realize whats important.

Everybody who becomes a parent does not "just" mature because they become a parent,as seen by numerous news reports.

Oh,and who says just because someone is a parent that they cannot have fun?

Old 12-24-2015, 11:44 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
HHmm here where I live we party until we feel like it. Doesn't matter the age. Maybe its an American thing?
Anyway in my view going to disco/clubs are usually for very young...after 26 discos are not appealing anymore.
I think it depends on culture and location.

The best culture i have seen that parties at all ages,all occasions is Latin American culture!
Never too old,never too young.

Nyc too,i see all ages out at 2am on Saturday night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology