Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 09:31 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoStars View Post
I am an extreme introvert.
I have never grown up with many friends ( Only about a few friends, and a girlfriend right now)
I feel odd to say this but I actually love spending time by myself.
Lots of times I do a lot of things by myself ( Apart from spending time with my gf which I love her alot)

I just felt like in my childhood I had many people that took advantage of me and were fake friends and I don't let people approach me that easily in real life, and I carefully consider who is a true friend.

But I like doin things by myself. ( cooking, traveling, reading books, sleeping in, watching a movie, etc)
Am I an odd bug for wanting to spend time by myself?
I do not mind spending time with my gf but I don't mind being by myself either at times.
And also for the most part, I prefer to spend time but only with one person at a time( like its either my girlfriend, or like my best friend)
So if like my girlfriend was with me at a party I love to be with her but JUST HER not have multiple people by my side ( like i get this overwhelmin feeling)
Does anyone else feel just about the same way or similar.?

I feel like I grew up with this mentality because of my childhood.
I think you are probably odd in that the number of people who are (or who will admit to being like you) are relatively few.

Does that make you strange?

Not in my book. I am almost exactly the same and I find no problem with it. I am an introvert and a very private person who has learned to be comfortable when I am "on stage." If you are happy and can live your life this way without undue stress then you are fine.

Note: I did find - when I retired and lost the vast majority of all social contacts - that it was just a little rough at first, but as time passed I got used to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 09:31 AM

761 posts, read 604,811 times
So if a friend calls, do you avoid conversation to avert interaction?

Do you ever reflect and ask yourself if you only want to be with gf does that make her choose which side of the fence she's on..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology