Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 12:03 PM

50 posts, read 51,978 times

Advertisements

I meant to say employer not employee.

I am seriously considering posting an awful review of my former employer. I left and wasn't fired. It was a hostile work environment that I would avoid like The Black Plague. Very cliquish, bullies, ghetto, etc. Admittedly, after realizing the attitudes of some of my coworkers, I stopped acting like they existed. I did talk to the nice people, but overall it was an awful experience. I have a feeling that the place has an awful reputation and that's why they can't get decent people working there. The only thing I'm worried about is throwing my boss under bus and her not giving me a good reference. My dad still works at the organization too. Supervisors and managers there though do need to get rid of the toxic people. I just want to warn people of the bullying/toxicity so the same thing doesn't happen to them. I have felt relieved since I quit.

Last edited by Madden17; 09-05-2016 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: changed employee to employer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 12:57 PM

4,787 posts, read 11,766,193 times
Never, ever burn bridges on social media with an employer. You never know where you may meet up with any of those people in the future.

They could be in HR, could be your co-workers, could be your next supervisor, etc.

You weren't happy with your job, fine, you left, now move on. What you saw as a toxic environment may not be seen the same way by others.

Spend your time and energy on finding a new job. The past is the past. Don't forget- employers also sometimes look at prospective employees Facebook pages. Never put anything work related out there that can come back to hurt your work chances.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:32 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,243,006 times
Go it annonomously on Glass Door, and don't use names.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:41 PM

50,820 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Your future employers who look at your page will run like the wind from you if you do. Do you post blasts about your exes after a relationship ends, too? Pretty juvenile in the eyes of most employers (and many of the rest of us). I second Glass Door, that's what it's for, but IMO if you don't balance it, if it's only a diatribe, no one will take it seriously.

Old 09-05-2016, 02:10 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,764,479 times
I'm not on FB and about trashing an employer...today it's nuts out there. I'm older so my 40 yrs of work all came about before the FB media world we live in now. I had plenty of crappy employers.

But I did give an honest review on a surgeon on yelp. This surgeon really botched up a hip replacement and I put it out there. I'm not the only one with negative yelps on him, but he had a lot of positive yelps too.

MD's get away with so much and a lot of damage and I had thought about lawsuit but it's easier to go to the moon.

The surgeon finally saw my review and came out saying: the patient never went back for post op appts....NOT TRUE...I saw him 3 times post op and a couple yrs of emails to his PA about my issues.

Surgery of any kind is a crapshoot.

Old 09-05-2016, 03:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden17 View Post
I meant to say employer not employee.

I am seriously considering posting an awful review of my former employer. I left and wasn't fired. It was a hostile work environment that I would avoid like The Black Plague. Very cliquish, bullies, ghetto, etc. Admittedly, after realizing the attitudes of some of my coworkers, I stopped acting like they existed. I did talk to the nice people, but overall it was an awful experience. I have a feeling that the place has an awful reputation and that's why they can't get decent people working there. The only thing I'm worried about is throwing my boss under bus and her not giving me a good reference. My dad still works at the organization too. Supervisors and managers there though do need to get rid of the toxic people. I just want to warn people of the bullying/toxicity so the same thing doesn't happen to them. I have felt relieved since I quit.
Don't burn any bridges. And, your friends will not find your post all that interesting anyway and doing what you want to do is self destructive. Try and get over your rage. Focus on the future now. Work to find a good job and forget the past as much as possible.

Old 09-06-2016, 01:00 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Go it annonomously on Glass Door, and don't use names.
^^ This. And try to keep the criticism constructive and extremely objective.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:02 AM

526 posts, read 901,381 times
Your dad still works there? Don't even think about it! That would be a truly horrible thing to do. Take the high road and move on.

Old 09-06-2016, 06:28 AM

3,975 posts, read 4,263,671 times
"ghetto"? Your idea and your post here reflect a lack of maturity. Move on, put this job in the rear view mirror.

Old 09-06-2016, 07:13 AM

274 posts, read 252,910 times
Quote:
The only thing I'm worried about is throwing my boss under bus and her not giving me a good reference. My dad still works at the organization too
Please don't do it. It could affect your Dad's job in ways you may not realize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology