Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 04:37 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,870,605 times

Advertisements

I was at this place a few miles southeast of where I grew up. It was some kind of school or motel. It was a nice and pleasant place. There was a boy with blond hair who had died years earlier, back with us now. He was in a swimsuit and looking for a lost mirror. He had been in the swimming area and he thought that someone had stolen it. He kept asking people. Someone suggested that it was still back in the swimming area, either in the pool or the hot tub. Some time passed and he again was asking some other people. A different person told him the same thing, even more surely this time. So he went around the building to look.

I wanted to help him find it so I went to the same place going the other way around (east and south from the northwest end). I figured it was in a white frame and hard to see in the white surface of the pool. When I got to the pool room I found it immediately. It was sitting on the counter. It was in a silver frame on the silver counter. A small hand held mirror on a stand. The mirror had been turned to the wall. The boy came in from outside, as if he had not seen it and gone further out to look and was coming back in. He asked, where did you find it? I joked and told him that I had stolen it and was now returning it. He didn't care because he was very happy to recover it. Then I realized he might not get my joke, being a child and not understanding adult humor. He might tell the other people and then I would have to explain to ALL of them that I was joking. I wanted to tell him where I really had found it. He was going back to where the others were at the northwest end of the building and I was following him back.

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology