Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 01:28 PM

676 posts, read 528,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
That is probably it ... I think this is just kind of who I am. I never happy when I am standing still for too long.
I'm the same and always have been. I tend to get bored easily and i must constantly come up with new and exciting things to do in and amongst the routine of life. It can be done and it's O.K. that you are like this.....just makes your life a bit more challenging than someone who prefers the same old routine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2017, 03:39 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
You actually have more time to achieve personal goals e.g I am writing a poetry book etc,when you live simply,you have more time.I still have things I want to accomplish - mostly creative.

I don't think you should try and change,you are driven and that's your personality.
Just make sure your goals are meaningful for you,otherwise I think the achievement of them will feel base and hollow.
This likely is most about temperment. We are who we are. I think trying to focus on the idea of doing what is meaningful to me is the important thing.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:43 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default ... the others ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwoman View Post
I'm the same and always have been. I tend to get bored easily and i must constantly come up with new and exciting things to do in and amongst the routine of life. It can be done and it's O.K. that you are like this.....just makes your life a bit more challenging than someone who prefers the same old routine.
I think right now I am pretty much surrounded by people that dont think like this.
I want to squeeze the most out of each day and I guess when you are around people that are really not interested in this or things this behaviour is not "normal" it has started to weigh on me. I don't get how people can seem to have such little drive when there is so much out there to explore.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:10 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
You must accept that people are different from you,with different inherited traits.
You are driven and that is truly a gift,accept it and accept others.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:54 PM

676 posts, read 528,535 times
Quote:
I think right now I am pretty much surrounded by people that dont think like this.
I want to squeeze the most out of each day and I guess when you are around people that are really not interested in this or things this behaviour is not "normal" it has started to weigh on me. I don't get how people can seem to have such little drive when there is so much out there to explore.
You need to seek out like minded people. They will make your life sparkle.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:34 PM

403 posts, read 364,039 times
I am in your shoes as we speak. I am never satisfied, especially when it comes to money, and wonder if it's an internal problem I have or is that just being "ambitious"?
Funny because just maybe 4 years back and graduated college not too long ago, I thought to myself, wow, if I made $60k a year I'd be happy! And now, I passed it and just hitting the 6-figures mark and I am still not content! Actually, I have been feeling down lately and thought to myself "I need to do something more that will triple, quadruple that". I need to own by own business, lol.
Guess the next goal for me is maybe making $500k a year, then I'd be happy!

Old 01-26-2017, 08:42 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
Quote:
My reaction to what you have just said...

It makes sense.

I think I am loosing focus and this happends time to time. I am the type of person who needs to creat, build, challenge and usually not not want to fit in to the situation vs creating a new situation and inviting other in to join me.

I think I am letting my idea of happiness be too influenced by other people ex people from my past.
It is really about choice.
OP, this is just a question. In your past or childhood did you have people tell you that you weren't good enough as you were or that you could never accomplish what you wanted? The reason I ask is that it kinda sounds like you don't think that things (read:you) are ever OK the way they are. Things (read:you) must always be worked on or tweaked or improved in order to be finally OK, a point that they (read:you) can never get to because nothing is perfect. This whole "you're not OK" lesson that we are often taught as children can really screw us up throughout our lives so I was just wondering if this might be part of your issue.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:34 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
Yes I agree with that too,they will motivate you onward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwoman View Post
You need to seek out like minded people. They will make your life sparkle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology