Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 03:18 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I talk to my cat like she's human. Of course, I guess a lot of people do that<>
Who else knows your cat?
"I only talk to MY dog"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 04:10 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Who else knows your cat?
"I only talk to MY dog"
I talk to other people's animals when I see them.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:26 PM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228;48465717[B
]I think I also have a mild form of OCD but with stupid things. When I throw out an empty bottle of something, I have to put the cap or top back on the bottle. I feel like they are supposed to be together.[/b] I straighten pictures in doctor's offices. I hate when things aren't symmetrical. My sister had her kitchen redone and her cabinets will have glass on one side of the two part cabinet when most people would do both of them with glass or just put glass in a single cabinet. It annoys me but these are the extent of it for me as far as the OCD.

When I was younger and couldn't fall asleep I would pretend I was in a coma in the hospital and sometimes that would help me doze off.
I don't straighten things, but if you're walking in front of me with a loose thread on your shirt or pants, I will ask you if I can take it off for you, even if you're a stranger. I also have to put the caps back on before I throw things out, and the pepper has to be to the left of the salt.

My bf and I have competing OCD things. He has to throw the cap from the detergent in with his wash...when I saw him do this the first time, I was aghast, and it drove me nuts that the detergent was sitting on the shelf cap-less for the entire wash cycle. So I got him an additional detergent cap, so he can thrown one in and still put a cap on the bottle.

Old 06-12-2017, 04:44 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
I am pretty intense. If I want something.... I am going to eventually going to get it. Once I get an idea.... I wont be satisfied until I see it through.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:45 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,000 times
I don't think it's too weird, but I can't sleep at night unless all the doors are closed. Closets, pantry doors, cabinets etc. If it's cracked just a little bit, I can't stand it. It has to be closed all the way. Sometimes, I'll be in bed and get up to double check that all the doors are closed.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:57 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
I have confessed this before on here, but I have a tendency to anthropomorphize objects. When I go and buy fruit, I tend to buy the saddest looking ones, feeling like its forlorn and no one will buy it. When I peel the said fruit, if i drop a seed on the ground, or, god forbid, throw it in the trash instead of outside, I feel terrible guilt. Like I have to return it to nature.

When I give things away, I feel sad a bit. I have to say in my mind, "but you are going to a good home. it will be fine". If I move books who have been next to each other on a shelf, I feel wrong. I have to keep them together.

Reading this makes me sound insane, but somehow, I am not. I am not even a hoarder, at all. Which now that I think about it, makes it even weirder!

When I was a child a had a game where i would empty out all my crayon boxes and then "feel" who went together. I imagined it as a bus, and I would pair them off with the colors they want to be with. No I am not racist :P

Very few of my actual friends know this about me. The struggle is real ;P

Old 06-12-2017, 08:06 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Not that the following is new news to many however, I have a fabric fetish, yarn fetish and an office supply fetish.
I also must have extra toothpaste, toothbrush, paper towels, toilet paper, cigarettes, coffee, cream and sugar in our home at all times or I get focused on not having enough and my OCD spirals out of control quickly.
OMG, I didn't even think of this. I too have a fetish, but for notebooks. To be fair, I write a great deal, every day, always have, which is very healthy for the mind and fun to read back on. But I buy far too many notebooks. And pens. I currently have banned the purchase of any new pens, but I cannot wait til I am done with the ones i have so I can buy more. A new pen and a new notebook.....such joy!

Old 06-12-2017, 08:36 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Not that the following is new news to many however, I have a fabric fetish, yarn fetish and an office supply fetish.
I also must have extra toothpaste, toothbrush, paper towels, toilet paper, cigarettes, coffee, cream and sugar in our home at all times or I get focused on not having enough and my OCD spirals out of control quickly.
OMG, ask my husband - I have to have LOTS of the following on hand at any given moment (several packages):

Batteries - all sizes
Light bulbs - all sizes
Paper towels - must be Viva
Toilet paper - must have aloe in it
Creamer
Sugar cubes (I think they are cooler than regular sugar)
Coffee
Those wax melty things that make a room smell good
Candles in general

I have to have backups to the backups on all of the above.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
We almost don't dine out any more because I despise being assaulted by what constitutes someone else's idea of music.
Oh lord! Tonight my husband and I went to a Chinese food restaurant and we got to hear a very odd mix of 1980s funk (honestly - Confunkshun and Parliament), old country music, and Mexican ballads. WHAT THE HECK.

My husband said, "Well, for some reason Mexicans really love Chinese food." How do you explain Parliament Funkadelics, then?

Old 06-12-2017, 09:02 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
I have "selective skiing disorder." I only ski black diamond, double-black diamond, and out-of-bounds cliff jumps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology