Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 12:09 PM

109 posts, read 100,488 times

Advertisements

I once got falsely accused of stealing a bag of crisps by a little kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 02:07 PM

20,767 posts, read 19,988,136 times
Does that still haunt you or was that just recently?

Old 06-13-2017, 04:41 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
When I was in fifth grade, a friend of mine wrote a VERY bad swear word on the wall of our classroom during Silent Reading (we could find a spot anywhere in the room to sit and read.) Her handwriting was similar to mine and even though I was a quiet, shy kid then, the teacher was convinced that I had done it. She said that no one could go out for recess until I "confessed" to it. Everyone hated me for a week because I wasn't about to confess to something I didn't do.

The principal called my parents and even they accused me of doing it. I remember standing next to my mother while she was at the stove, cooking dinner, crying, "I didn't do it, Mom. I swear to GOD. No one believes me." And I think it was at that moment my mom truly understood that I did not do it. When I got to school the next day, the teacher said, "We have a witness to the wall writing incident." And then the friend who actually DID it confessed to it because the teacher pointed in her direction. I never got an apology or anything, which seemed really unfair to me. I don't think I would have even remembered this event except it truly went on for a whole week... and I felt like The Most Hated Person at school. Kids were really mean! I'm 48 now and every time I watch a TV show where someone is claiming, "I really didn't DO it," it gives me pause... because what if they really didn't do it? It's such a bad feeling to be accused of something you didn't do and then not have anyone believe you.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:54 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,495,600 times
Of course. I've been around almost 71 years.

When I was 14 my rather abusive father accused me of something I didn't do and when I denied it, backhanded me across the room. I came off the wall, charged him screaming, "I told you I didn't do it" and delivered a pile-driver to his solar plexus. It knocked the wind out of him and drove him to his knees. He never raised a hand to me again.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:08 PM

710 posts, read 585,231 times
When I was in grade school, a group of bullies who didn't like me convinced a girl in my class to accuse me of touching her inappropriately. I overheard them telling her to do it before it happened and she did it. The teacher let me off with a warning but all I could do was tell him that I didn't do anything and I didn't know what she was talking about. Luckily nothing happened because I could've gotten in some serious trouble.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:00 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,888,687 times
Offline, right?

Looking down a girl's shirt while playing flag football. Not by her and while she was attractive, nope, just focusing on the game. I'm thankful that accusation didn't seem to follow me around.

Drug use (because clearly I am very normal).

Hanging out with people for something other than the stated purpose of the gatherings. That accusation made me livid.

I think there was something infuriating at work, but I can't remember what.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:00 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,188,034 times
Twice I remember from my school years; it really pissed me off I was accused of being lying. Falsely accusing me of stealing in one case and in another case of talking out of turn didn't bother me as much. (I did neither of the offenses)

Old 06-14-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
When I was in grade school, a group of bullies who didn't like me convinced a girl in my class to accuse me of touching her inappropriately. I overheard them telling her to do it before it happened and she did it. The teacher let me off with a warning but all I could do was tell him that I didn't do anything and I didn't know what she was talking about. Luckily nothing happened because I could've gotten in some serious trouble.
Wow, that's awful... and really malicious!

Old 06-14-2017, 01:02 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,036,382 times
When I was about 13, I bought a thing of nail polish. I paid for it, and stuck it, and the receipt in my pocket. Then I stepped outside to wait for my mom, who was right behind me checking out.

One of the store clerks came out and told me to empty my pockets. I did. Then the manager of the store came outside and told me (by now my mom is out there too) that the clerk saw me pocket the nail polish. I showed him the receipt. I was mortified.

We got home, and my mom told my dad about it, and my dad took me back to the store and made the clerk and the manager come outside and apologize to me. LOL

Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
When I was about 13, I bought a thing of nail polish. I paid for it, and stuck it, and the receipt in my pocket. Then I stepped outside to wait for my mom, who was right behind me checking out.

One of the store clerks came out and told me to empty my pockets. I did. Then the manager of the store came outside and told me (by now my mom is out there too) that the clerk saw me pocket the nail polish. I showed him the receipt. I was mortified.

We got home, and my mom told my dad about it, and my dad took me back to the store and made the clerk and the manager come outside and apologize to me. LOL
Your dad is awesome.

I was in a small, local pharmacy about a month ago. I was trying to decide between two different soaps. They cost more than "regular" soaps, so I didn't want to buy both, but I really couldn't decide which scent I preferred, so I walked around the store with both bars in my hand. I decided on one over the other, put the one I didn't choose back in the display, and went to the checkout to pick up my prescriptions and pay for the ONE bar of soap. The checkout woman exclaimed, "Hey, didn't you have TWO bars of soap!?" She said it in a joking kind of way, but the implication was there. I said that I had put the Blood Orange back and chosen Beach. And then I had to stand there while all the elderly folks gave me the side eye like I was a shoplifter. (I'm 48, so it's not like I'm a "hooligan teenager.")
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology