Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 07:11 AM

1,313 posts, read 854,740 times

Advertisements

Wear a Burqa simple ! and if you are tall enough maybe the guys would think you are a dude

jokes aside when paramedics come to get one of my patients who is being sent to the ER, the female staff also look they are on heat !
I chuckle and always say I'm their boss so I get the first pick ( and I'm straight but not a homo phobe)

Old 08-23-2017, 08:17 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I've always worked in places that employed both men and women. What was annoying and also funny and sad, too, was how, when an attractive woman came up to the counter, the men in the back would practically trample other employees in their attempt to be the first to help her.
When I worked at a major tire shop, this was pretty common among my co-workers. Being a young and pretty female is a good way to get first rate service at a tire shop.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:17 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,440,929 times
This thread is quite hypocritical, especially when some thirsty women do the same thing when they discover a man have money.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:19 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
In the late 80's - early 90's I was in the Army and worked out in the base gym. And it was during this time that bright colorful leotards were popular "workout attire" among women. And every single evening - just like clockwork, all the pretty officers wives would come to the gym for their aerobics class decked out in it. Hair done, makeup on, and tight spandex hugging every contour of their body. Some would even wear a sports bra with no shirt. And of course they'd walk right past the weight section of a gym on an Army base filled with hormonal young men. And yes we would gawk.

But then their class would start, and they would bend over to stretch - all the while pointing their butts straight at us. A full 360 degrees with four walls they could have pointed their butts at, and they chose to bend over and point them at us.

But the angry looks of utter indignation we would get from were downright scary lol. Couple of times they even complained to the gym manager. And since then I have seen that replayed in gyms all over the country.. Only now it's yoga pants though. I've seen it in bars too. Women dress in revealing clothes - and then complain about how men wouldn't stop hitting on them.

So the question is, IF women don't want to be objectified, then why do they put themselves on display like that? And more to the point, why should men take them seriously?
Since it was an exercise class, maybe they were facing the instructor?

A sports bra is basically an elasticized tank top. It is designed in a way that flattens in order to offer maximum support. It would be much worse if they wore a t-shirt with no bra or a non-support bra.

I just see nothing wrong with anything those ladies did. Exercise wear and beachwear was very trendy/glamourous back then. I had a shiny gold braided headband for aerobics. It wasn't about *you* (guys). Some of the gyms were female only.

Yoga pants now are worn as everyday wear so nothing special.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:14 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

A sports bra is basically an elasticized tank top. It is designed in a way that flattens in order to offer maximum support. It would be much worse if they wore a t-shirt with no bra or a non-support bra.

I just see nothing wrong with anything those ladies did. Exercise wear and beachwear was very trendy/glamourous back then. I had a shiny gold braided headband for aerobics. It wasn't about *you* (guys). Some of the gyms were female only.

Yoga pants now are worn as everyday wear so nothing special.
All I can say is that I appreciate what women wear to the gym, and I'd just as soon that men allow themselves a discreet glance and then go about their business. In other words, don't spoil a good thing by over indulging, guys.

I've never had a woman say that they take exception to being noticed. They take exception to being leered at, followed, propositioned, touched, cornered somewhere where they can't easily leave, etc. You know, stuff ranging from rude at best to criminal at worst. Those silly women and their expectations that they can move about freely without being harassed, right? I agree that women can be quite obnoxious also, and I've witnessed this. It's not really the same, though. Unless the woman being obnoxious is a man's boss, chances are great that he still has a power edge over her. When a man is harrassing a woman, chances are good that he has a power edge in most contexts.

On this topic in general, I kind of get where the OP is coming from. The behavior she described is pretty undignified and could be unwelcome by the target. Not knowing if she (or he) is uncomfortable is reason enough to avoid overt displays of horniness, don't you think? Or is that too much to ask?

And it could make non participants uncomfortable. Sure life is unfair and pretty people get a disproportionate amount of attention. That doesn't mean that there should be no boundaries regarding when and how that attention is displayed, though. A little more dignified behavior and a little less tendency to give people a pass when they behave like a mammal in rut might be a good thing

Old 08-23-2017, 11:39 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlwarrior View Post
This thread is quite hypocritical, especially when some thirsty women do the same thing when they discover a man have money.
^^^^

Old 08-23-2017, 11:45 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I used to work with mostly women. Rarely we saw a young hot guy in our office and we all acted like complete morons and jerks, walking past him for no reason, offering him beverages, made complete idiots out of ourselves. So??? They enjoyed t.

Now I work with mostly men. Rarely we see a hot woman come by and everyone wants to see her and get a glimpse and behaves like idiots. So?? The women enjoy it.

I am not the bitter lady eating chips with a stained shirt, raising rats at home, complaining about how unfair it is that others are prettier and get more attention.

It is not their fault that you don't make the most out of your appearance. Even with a crooked face, you can go from a 2 to a 6 with clothes, hair, make up, and nice figure. If you don't want to put in the work or have a gym allergy, don't complain when others do make an effort.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:28 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,037,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post

Lol good lord how many times does it have to be explained...

I never - not one single time complained about what they were wearing, nor even hint that they were wrong. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said I was a big fan of it all. More than once.

Quote:
Yoga pants now are worn as everyday wear so nothing special

Oh, they're special.. trust me.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:42 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate67 View Post
Lol good lord how many times does it have to be explained...

I never - not one single time complained about what they were wearing, nor even hint that they were wrong. In fact, I'm pretty sure I said I was a big fan of it all. More than once.

Oh, they're special.. trust me.
You said they were not classy if they wear those things. And they should not complain if men stare. That is actually a problem. You are talking about exercise wear and casual wear, not club wear. Don't bother women trying to work out or run errands.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:46 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I've always worked in places that employed both men and women. What was annoying and also funny and sad, too, was how, when an attractive woman came up to the counter, the men in the back would practically trample other employees in their attempt to be the first to help her.

I'm not asking why they do this. I know why they do this. But why don't the men realize how insulting that is to the other women working there, and how insulting it is to the customer herself?

I've had customers approach and ask me to get another female employee's phone number. Seriously, dude, if you can't ask her yourself, don't ask me.

Maybe I'm being too sensitive. But I can't help feeling that these guys make themselves look like fools when they fall all over themselves to get to a pretty woman and they look incompetent when they ask a woman to help them hook up with another woman. Maybe it's because this has happened in the work place and I feel a work place should be a little more professional. Or maybe I just feel slighted and want to say, "Hey, consider my self respect. How do you think I feel about doing this?"

What's your opinion?
Have to admit I am always kind of amazed about people that have the time to worry about this sort of stuff in their workplace. Mine is mixed gender professional and we are all so freaking busy this is the last thing we have time to think about. The only thing anyone worries about is whether or not you can do your job correctly and efficiently. We are a lot more worried about finding time to sleep that finding a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology