Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 12:58 PM

21 posts, read 16,098 times

Advertisements

So coming home from work , there was a guy on the radio saying he had been asked to be the best man for someone and the god father to someone else's baby and said it give him an ego boost as he thought he was an idiot so just wondering what gives everyone else an ego boost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 01:03 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
It doesn't happen often but a couple times my daughter and also my step daughter have said "I learned that from you" when they are discussing life lessons. My step daughter has a drug addicted mother and I said something to her that helped her put it into perspective and not internalize it and my daughter it was about conflict resolution and understanding someone else may have another perspective.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:12 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,405,938 times
The biggest one I've ever gotten was this year, at work.

My company recently began partnering with a company where I had previously worked for 10 years. Their Program Manager came out to meet the team and I'd never met him, but he made it a point to ask for me specifically, and tell me that he'd heard about me for years and that I was a "legend" at their company.

That really made me feel good.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:17 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,882 times
My husband told me I was the "best doctor he has" the other night. (I'm not a doctor. I don't even play one on TV. I just pay attention to medications, dosages, and the side effects from them.) I was happy that he knew I was doing my best to take care of him.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:19 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
My boss once told me I had the strongest moral compass of anyone she knew.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:51 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,335,295 times
Oh that's so sweet,you must be going through so much with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
My husband told me I was the "best doctor he has" the other night. (I'm not a doctor. I don't even play one on TV. I just pay attention to medications, dosages, and the side effects from them.) I was happy that he knew I was doing my best to take care of him.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:19 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,172 times
When I was 22, and at the time a beautiful sexy 44 year old women that went to my gym started working out with me and mentoring me by showing me new workouts, and this went on strictly for about 4 months till it eventually lead to sex a handful of times and then it was over as quick as it started. No I didn't lose my virginity to her but she did teach me a few things in the bedroom and she was my first older women experience. The ego boost came when all my former highschool friends who also worked out at the gym saw me working out with her all the time. I look back at my 22 year old self now at 29 years old and wonder what the hell she really saw in me. I was less developed then I am now, didn't even have braces yet so my teeth were still crooked, and I didn't have as much confidence and experience as I do now (still a work in progress). Maybe it was my innocence that turned her on, I still had it then... At that time I was only 6-7 girls deep and really naive about the world.

She really broke me out of the boy shell and took me to that next level of manhood, so it was an ego boost in that sense.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:08 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,957,396 times
When I was in my mid 40's I was coming home from work and my wife, my teenage daughter and her friend were talking in front of our house. My daughter's friend asked my wife, Who is that cute guy coming this way? My wife told her, that's my husband. My daughter's friend said, oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't know. My wife and I had a laugh over it later. God bless my daughter's friend.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
-That they have been watching me for so long and I am the happiest person they know.
-That I am the only person that doesn't bring them down when we chat on the phone...
(and drain them)...
-Being asked to be a Moderator here....and most every Forum I am on.
-OH!!!!,....from my militant, angry, atheist ex....after 6 months of knowing me....
"You're the most Christian person I have ever known." Yeah...that was the sweetest...coming from HIM!
(The secret of a great relationship...never nag...never try to change anything about him...ever.)

Old 10-12-2017, 06:17 PM

Location: Olde English District, SC (look it up on Wikipedia)
243 posts, read 366,780 times
I got carded at the entrance to a restaurant/bar last year. I didn't have ID because I wasn't planning to drink and never expected to be carded. I hadn't entered a bar in about 15 years and figured there was no chance someone my age would get carded, even though I regularly got carded into my 30s, when I was last frequenting bars.

Yep, I got carded at 50. I was so shocked, I just went right back out the door! It wasn't one of those places that cards everyone, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology