Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 01:23 PM

20,393 posts, read 14,661,936 times

Advertisements

Also, of note, many of the female subs I know are more into equally female Dommes. I have to say, although I'm not a sub in this relationship or necessarily by nature, the few people who have filled me with an urge to make my knees connect with the floor, have been Dominant women. They exude a power and a presence that makes the guys look...almost laughably pretentious. Midori, for instance. Wow! She's really somethin', especially in person.

I can't imagine anyone who actually has a presence in the community spouting this kind of nonsense and being taken seriously at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 03:57 PM

731 posts, read 678,780 times
I do know this. A hen will not mate with a rooster she can peck.

I like that my husband is dominant. It gives me a secure feeling, although I have equal rule in this house. This has nothing to do with sex games, by the way.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:29 PM

927 posts, read 969,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-mental-health

According to the article and research, 76% of women enjoy a submissive role as opposed to 34% of men. Only 8% of women preferred the dominant role over 48% of men.

I find it interesting as one's sexual desire ultimately plays out one's deepest fantasies. Here is to an extreme level, but the psychology at play is the same.

I believe the vast majority of women ultimately desire a submissive role, even if they don't admit to it. Recent society pushes women into career mode, which I never believe was intended to begin with.

So now we see a rise of these subcultures such as the BDSM.

Ultimately from a relationship perspective, women want the "Alpha" male subconsciously, even if they try and play it off like they don't to preserve image.

So dating advice for the gents lol... Don't be a Beta.. trying to be all the girl's best friend in hopes to establish a relationship.. etc...

Not into BDSM btw.. a little too much for me.. Although I do enjoy the dominant role
I believe this for the most part, especially when it comes to dating.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:36 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-mental-health

According to the article and research, 76% of women enjoy a submissive role as opposed to 34% of men. Only 8% of women preferred the dominant role over 48% of men.

I find it interesting as one's sexual desire ultimately plays out one's deepest fantasies. Here is to an extreme level, but the psychology at play is the same.

I believe the vast majority of women ultimately desire a submissive role, even if they don't admit to it. Recent society pushes women into career mode, which I never believe was intended to begin with.

So now we see a rise of these subcultures such as the BDSM.

Ultimately from a relationship perspective, women want the "Alpha" male subconsciously, even if they try and play it off like they don't to preserve image.

So dating advice for the gents lol... Don't be a Beta.. trying to be all the girl's best friend in hopes to establish a relationship.. etc...

Not into BDSM btw.. a little too much for me.. Although I do enjoy the dominant role
So, just 52% of MEN prefer to be dominant? THAT is the most telling part of this. Gender roles are simply not as clearly defined as they once were, giving men and women more space to be what they want and pursue those that complement them. This will likely only increase over time as more people find they like to be dominant in some situations and prefer not to dominate in others....great - flexibility!

As titillating as it is for you, your gender role does not automatically and directly translate into BDSM roles - soooorrrrrrryyyyyy! So yeah, the rest of what you wrote is just bogus desires on your part, not something most people experience.

Old 02-03-2018, 08:51 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
"Tough, domineering people would seem to prefer the dominant role, while those who are more tender and willing to please naturally fit into the submissive role."

Seems to make sense. A sexually dominant man is fine - even desirable, but pain and humiliation being involved is a huge turnoff. A person can be dominant without being a sadist and their partner can be submissive with being a masochist.

Old 02-03-2018, 09:36 AM

731 posts, read 678,780 times
I admit I stopped reading the article as soon as I saw it was about bondage and sadomachism. I thought the discussion was about life in general.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:31 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
By it's very definition "summission/submissive" means being powerless or surrendering power/control to another.....no offense but it seems like you're telling yourself whatever you need to to make yourself able to accept that role....can't change the meaning/truths just because you want it to be so.
"I'm letting him be dominant."

Of course, I'm somewhat blurring the lines between a meaningful relationship & a sexual encounter. I would likely never engage in a relationship with someone who was a dictator & I doubt they would have much use for me either.

I'm feminine. And submissive. Yet I'm told by every single man I've ever been in an LTR with that I provoke them the way a man would. Since I'm not a man; I can't really explain this in an articulate manner. It's just been very consistent feedback.

Just sitting here at the computer & imagining myself in a relationship with a dictator; is oddly inspiring feelings of ... contempt.

Sexually is a completely different scenario. Ironically, the other consistent feedback has been that I separate sex & love "like a man". I sort of get that but based on what I've seen? Men really aren't all that good at it.

"Powerless", sexually speaking, to me; means that I don't get what I want. If I enjoy being submissive, then I get what I want via submission. There is a vast market out there for women who enjoy being sexually dominant. You'd probably be very surprised at how popular that is & who the men are that seek that out & there is no real motivation for me to feel like I have no choice in the matter.

I just don't like it. I don't enjoy telling a guy to drop to his knees while calling him my *****(b-word)". How does that = powerless?

Old 02-03-2018, 12:22 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
I do know this. A hen will not mate with a rooster she can peck.

I like that my husband is dominant. It gives me a secure feeling, although I have equal rule in this house. This has nothing to do with sex games, by the way.
Sounds like semantics - he is dominant but you have equal rule? Just how IS he dominant since you're quick to say it isn't related to sex?

Old 02-03-2018, 09:35 PM

292 posts, read 245,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
The article is the absolute truth, and thank you for posting it. With all the lies, and sick people out nowadays, this was great to read. I know it is true, and believe fully that we were created by God this way, and people try to change what they were made to be...
And why don't you take the time and use succinct English in an attempt to explain to all of us what "we, as females" , were "made to be"?

I am not a card carrying feminist, but I am pragmatic to the core. Men and women,were created equal but different, with the difference being rather noticeable.

Your job here on Earth has a linear value. You are born, you are to mature and procreate the next generation, raise them sucessfully while supporting yourself and family. Be a good member of society. We all contribute thru various means and channels. Along the way, you enjoy life and hopefully learn a lot of respect and dignity for self and others along the way.

Not all of us bear and raise children for various reasons, but we are all able to produce the "children of our minds" through various good deeds and accomplishments.

So tell us how this article is the absolute truth for ALL females? No, you cannot. So take comfort in the fact that women have many options in the current year.....and one of those is NOT wearing pink p*$$y hats and holding political marches, voicing discontent about how the male of the species is evil and controlling and have tried to hold all the little ladies back.

Because, guess what? The powers that be want to cause more fighting between the sexes, silly goose!

Last edited by Celiene61; 02-03-2018 at 09:45 PM..

Old 02-04-2018, 02:45 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiene61 View Post
And why don't you take the time and use succinct English in an attempt to explain to all of us what "we, as females" , were "made to be"?

I am not a card carrying feminist, but I am pragmatic to the core. Men and women,were created equal but different, with the difference being rather noticeable.

Your job here on Earth has a linear value. You are born, you are to mature and procreate the next generation, raise them sucessfully while supporting yourself and family. Be a good member of society. We all contribute thru various means and channels. Along the way, you enjoy life and hopefully learn a lot of respect and dignity for self and others along the way.

Not all of us bear and raise children for various reasons, but we are all able to produce the "children of our minds" through various good deeds and accomplishments.

So tell us how this article is the absolute truth for ALL females? No, you cannot. So take comfort in the fact that women have many options in the current year.....and one of those is NOT wearing pink p*$$y hats and holding political marches, voicing discontent about how the male of the species is evil and controlling and have tried to hold all the little ladies back.

Because, guess what? The powers that be want to cause more fighting between the sexes, silly goose!
I agree with most if what you posted. But I do think you misunderstand why women have marched recently. To the best of my knowlege the marches have been directed against disrespect of women, not against men. The second major march a year later was more of a reponse to widespread sexual abuse. We are now seeing how widespread this practice is, and how well hidden it has been. Most women do not hate men. Most of us love men, and we are happy to be loved by men. But no woman should be disrespected.

Remember that ***** hats are a direct reference to what our president said several years ago about grabbing women by the (you know).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology