Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 08:16 PM

32 posts, read 19,984 times

Advertisements

I had a best friend who were with me for 7 years. He always were there with me at all bad times and good times. It is more than 7 years now. But suddenly i don't know what happened to him that made me do this. He just started ignoring me. Blocked me in social media & even in phone. Am missing him really and I even tried to suicide. Because am so alone, i have no other friends and my family also consider me a burden. I don't know what to do. Can't believe he once told me am his best friend and he would never leave me but today he left me and I even don't know why.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:43 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,910,626 times
Not enough information. Boy or girl? (both of you!). What sort of friendship? Friend-friend, lovers, what? With you? Live together??

Please elaborate.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:58 PM

Am a girl and he is a boy. He considered me his younger sister and I considered him my elder brother. We were best friends since 12th standard. There was a time when his friends ignored him. There was a time when he lost his job. At that time I was the only one for him. Now he got a job, completed his degree. We are not in a relationship.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:07 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,867,667 times
Don't suicide. This pain will pass, and your future will be better. It sounds like the world has been unkind to you lately - so be kind to yourself, and give yourself the gift of some time for things to improve, even though it's hard. Speaking from personal experience, someday, as you rediscover the positives life has to offer, you will be grateful to yourself.

https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Old 02-20-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerja123 View Post
Am a girl and he is a boy. He considered me his younger sister and I considered him my elder brother. We were best friends since 12th standard. There was a time when his friends ignored him. There was a time when he lost his job. At that time I was the only one for him. Now he got a job, completed his degree. We are not in a relationship.
I see. Maybe he is in love with you? It is very difficult, if not close to impossible, for men and women to just be friends sometimes. But something is going on, that's for sure, and you can make a choice about how to react, and it does not have to be depression. You can pick being happy instead. So when you see him again you won't be sad and angry but happy and beautiful. That'll show him!!

Sometimes you have to outwit people for their own good. If someone leaves you behind, when they see you next, be sure they see a happy person!

By the way, I of course don't know for sure if my theory is correct, but take note: it is said that men frequently don't know they're in love, even when they are, and sometimes it takes as much as a year for them to come to the realization. The poor boy is probably confused.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 02-20-2018 at 10:27 PM..

Old 02-20-2018, 10:28 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,578,471 times
You mention about your family think you are a burden, so it could that cause. Maybe your friend just don't want to tell you. If he block you, I would say leave it. As much as it hurts, sometime we have to move on in life without someone we really want to be there for us.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:20 AM

[quote=KaraZetterberg153;51093010] He was in love with me when we were in school. I too loved him but after we confessed it after passing out of school. After that confession our bond became stronger. We never had that feeling after that. We confessed before 8 years.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybklyn View Post
You mention about your family think you are a burden, so it could that cause. Maybe your friend just don't want to tell you. If he block you, I would say leave it. As much as it hurts, sometime we have to move on in life without someone we really want to be there for us.
If that was the case he would have left me before 8 years. He knows everything about me even that my family consider me a burden.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I see. Maybe he is in love with you? It is very difficult, if not close to impossible, for men and women to just be friends sometimes. But something is going on, that's for sure, and you can make a choice about how to react, and it does not have to be depression. You can pick being happy instead. So when you see him again you won't be sad and angry but happy and beautiful.
We loved each other when we were in school but we confessed it at that time itself. After that only our bond became stronger. We confessed before 8 years.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerja123 View Post
We loved each other when we were in school but we confessed it at that time itself. After that only our bond became stronger. We confessed before 8 years.
Well, it turns out I guessed right then. Love--and human life in general--can be so painful. And especially when you're young. I'm sorry you're going through this which must be feeling worse because your family perceives you as a burden. How dare they say that to you. You're not a burden! Your family sounds like the burden.

Are you in school? Are you safe, in a safe environment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology