Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 06:45 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,963,548 times

Advertisements

Why are there more trans-women than trans-men?

As a straight, cis-gendered man, I don't know, but I speculate that it's largely because girls can wear skirts and dresses as well as pants while men can only wear pants. Maybe trans-women just want to wear skirts. But wait, Scotsmen like wearing skirts and that doesn't make them transgender or drag queens at all.

Also, how do you know that the girl you have a crush on is actually a girl and not a man? Or is this not a problem because the vast majority of trans-women openly identify as such, and probably wouldn't want to date, or even be around, someone "transphobic" like me?

Could you just sneak off a strand of the girl's hair for DNA testing? Or does sex reassignment surgery alter DNA testing results?

Or do trans-women physically stand out? What features could give it away?

Or are trans-women psychologically masculine? But then again, there are plenty of cis-gendered female tomboys.

I am afraid that I may marry a woman, only to find out that "she" is actually a he. At that point, I will get a divorce. He may be a nice person, but no amount of surgery and cosmetics will turn him into a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2019, 06:46 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,128,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post

Are there? Do you have a statistic to show that?

Old 10-30-2019, 07:20 PM

151 posts, read 133,346 times
A good start would be to learn the difference between sex and gender.

Anyways - Even with the most passable transwomen, something would eventually give her away if she was trying to hide it. Some transgenders pass flawlessly while walking down the street fully-clothed but it’s usually a different story when the clothes come off.

If it’s not the face then it’ll be the voice. If not the voice then it’ll be the body. If not the body then it’ll be the height. If not the height then it’ll be any other number of random clues that’ll allow you to connect the dots (accidentally being misgendered by family, no childhood photos, infertile, strangely secretive about her past, visible surgical enhancements, etc). Of course these thing alone won’t give her away but they are clues when the signs appear together.

Last edited by HomeHunt82; 10-30-2019 at 08:04 PM..

Old 10-30-2019, 09:11 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
So much confusion in this post...

Old 10-31-2019, 01:15 AM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post

As a straight, cis-gendered man, I don't know, but I speculate that it's largely because girls can wear skirts and dresses as well as pants while men can only wear pants. Maybe trans-women just want to wear skirts. But wait, Scotsmen like wearing skirts and that doesn't make them transgender or drag queens at all.

Also, how do you know that the girl you have a crush on is actually a girl and not a man? Or is this not a problem because the vast majority of trans-women openly identify as such, and probably wouldn't want to date, or even be around, someone "transphobic" like me?

Could you just sneak off a strand of the girl's hair for DNA testing? Or does sex reassignment surgery alter DNA testing results?

Or do trans-women physically stand out? What features could give it away?

Or are trans-women psychologically masculine? But then again, there are plenty of cis-gendered female tomboys.

I am afraid that I may marry a woman, only to find out that "she" is actually a he. At that point, I will get a divorce. He may be a nice person, but no amount of surgery and cosmetics will turn him into a woman.
Is that really a huge worry in your life? If it is I don't know what to say. I watch "I am Jazz" on TLC and love the show and love Jazz. Jazz is a transgender young women (born male but identifies as female) who just graduated high school this year. Being reality TV I'm sure there are a lot of scripted scenes and other things that make it more watchable for viewers. My impression is that when you get to know a trans person more intimately there will be details that will emerge that will clue you in. Some will tell you upfront that they are trans, some will not. However, I have no clue what percentage do or do not. Of course some trans people will be more passable than others. Jazz is very passable on first glance. She's also very pretty. I don't know how passable she would be "down there" as she's had surgery.

I'd also like to know how you know there are more trans women than men? Are there statistics on that? Just based on anecdotal observation in media I'd agree with you but I haven't seen any numbers. I have heard that sex reassignment surgery is easier male to female than the opposite. There may also be cultural issues involved too where it's more acceptable to go from male to female than vice versa. Logically I'd think there'd be the same number of people wanted to trans from male to female as female to male but perhaps more female to male don't act on it. Anyways, it's kind of a weird thing to be worried about, unless you've had some sort of traumatic experience with this issue in the past.

Old 10-31-2019, 07:06 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Just curious, who does "trans-women" refer to: post-op MtoF or post-op FtoM? It sounds more like the former, so that's how I'll continue my post.

There's a damn good reason for the above: in today's world, being a woman is like playing the game of life on god mode. Women have a limitless dating smorgasbord when they're young, plenty of willing chumps to settle down with when they're older, a guaranteed divorce windfall, the entire legal system at their beck and call, the power to #MeToo any man they don't like, automatic wins of domestic violence cases, and last but not least, plain old "vagina power". That's A LOT of benefits to being a woman, by the sole virtue of her anatomy. So no wonder some men want in on the action.

Of course, due to a combination of biological and sociological reasons, post-op MtoF trans-women run into problems that cis-women never have to deal with. But in many men's minds, it's close enough. Hence, the more trans-women than trans-men.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 10-31-2019 at 07:19 AM..

Old 10-31-2019, 07:44 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Just curious, who does "trans-women" refer to: post-op MtoF or post-op FtoM? It sounds more like the former, so that's how I'll continue my post.

There's a damn good reason for the above: in today's world, being a woman is like playing the game of life on god mode. Women have a limitless dating smorgasbord when they're young, plenty of willing chumps to settle down with when they're older, a guaranteed divorce windfall, the entire legal system at their beck and call, the power to #MeToo any man they don't like, automatic wins of domestic violence cases, and last but not least, plain old "vagina power". That's A LOT of benefits to being a woman, by the sole virtue of her anatomy. So no wonder some men want in on the action.

Of course, due to a combination of biological and sociological reasons, post-op MtoF trans-women run into problems that cis-women never have to deal with. But in many men's minds, it's close enough. Hence, the more trans-women than trans-men.
So what's holding YOU up from your bottom surgery? ...sounds like a no-brainer.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:37 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,488,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
I'd also like to know how you know there are more trans women than men? Are there statistics on that?
If you google it, it comes up that 70% of trans are men>women. I was mystified by this, as well. After all, men have so many advantages in our society. Why would a man voluntarily want to be a woman?

The answer, in many cases, comes down to sex. Most trans women have the full sexual equipment they were born with. Most do not opt to have it removed. This casts some doubt on their claims that they were "born female in a male body". In many cases, these are simply gay males who want a wider variety of sexual partners than just other gay males (whom they also can hook up with). Apparently some gay men think that cis hetero males just don't know what they're missing.

It is pretty easy to identify those "women" who were once (or still are) men. Look at the face. The jaw will be smaller in the female. There will be a feminine proportion to it that makeup cannot fake. OP, if you are really concerned about this, just bed your intended before marriage.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:56 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Are there? Do you have a statistic to show that?
For people like the OP who have these unfounded concerns, I wonder if it's just that trans women are often more noticeable physically. The trans men I know can often "pass" as slightly-built shorter guys.

Old 10-31-2019, 08:57 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,818,241 times
There is no such thing as 'gender' when applied to living beings as gender is a construct of grammar.
Animals (like humans) that reproduce sexually have a SEX.
Which is revealed at birth.
It is neither assigned or reassigned.

The word has been miss-appropriated by certain activists who, realizing the term 'trans-sexual' was absurd and impossible, use it as a proxy for 'sex'.
Thus the term 'trans-gender' is linguistically INCOHERENT!

It is also meaningless to proclaim that one feels 'like a woman' (or feels 'like a man') because no one knows what other people feel like in their mind. So how come only Trans Identified MALES make such a claim?
No female I know does.

That being said, yeah, there are a ton more of them than Trans Identified Females.
Why? For the same (unknown) reason that there are more gay men than gay women and the pressures to 'transition' by Trans Activists is becoming extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology