Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 07:44 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

Not sure if this is the right section to put this in but it looks close to the right topic.

Does anybody have some really strange, bizarre or otherwise outlandish things you can somehow remember?

I have no idea why or how I can remember this, but even at the age of 55 I can still remember my 7th grade (Jr High) hallway locker combination: 24-12-28. I am absolutely certain that is it. Have never forgotten it.

Even more bizarre, that same year I can still remember my first Jr. high school gym locker combination: 30-0-26. What's particularly bizarre about that is, I only had that particular lock for a month or two before my locker got broken into, and they changed my lock. I don't remember the combination of the new lock I got ... though I have a feeling if I could go back into a time machine and find out what it was, I'd say to myself, "Oh yeah, now I remember."

Those two were the first two locks I ever had in Jr/Sr High School, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I've no idea why I would particularly remember locker combinations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 08:52 AM

12,042 posts, read 8,421,785 times
I remember picking up the phone and telling the operator who I wanted to call. She would also tell me where my mom was if I woke up and she wasn't home!

And our first real phone number is seventy years old. It was simply 47J.

Old 04-09-2020, 09:22 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
I, and all my siblings can remember all our teachers we had in school.

My husband thinks that's extremely bizarre. It doesn't seem so bizarre to me, and I think it's odd that he doesn't remember any of them. LOL

Old 04-09-2020, 12:06 PM

3,302 posts, read 3,028,242 times
I remember when I was in the third grade (1963) the teacher had us put on a brief skit where we each played a different vegetable. I was a carrot (possibly because I owned a bright orange jumper, so I nailed the costume requirement). We each had a little rhyme to say. I do not remember my lines, but 57 years later, I still remember those of my friend Janice, whose rendition of The Radish was near Oscar-worthy: "My fat red body is sleek and fit/On a fine relish tray I now can sit."

Old 04-09-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I remember when I was in the third grade (1963) the teacher had us put on a brief skit where we each played a different vegetable. I was a carrot (possibly because I owned a bright orange jumper, so I nailed the costume requirement). We each had a little rhyme to say. I do not remember my lines, but 57 years later, I still remember those of my friend Janice, whose rendition of The Radish was near Oscar-worthy: "My fat red body is sleek and fit/On a fine relish tray I now can sit."

I love it! LOL

Old 04-09-2020, 12:54 PM

177 posts, read 130,487 times
I can remember everything I got for Christmas when I was 4 years old. A set of play suitcases, a Drowsy Doll, and a kitchen playset with a fake coffee pot. I was in heaven I guess. I cant remember everything from other Christmas's though.

Old 04-09-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF2U View Post
I can remember everything I got for Christmas when I was 4 years old. A set of play suitcases, a Drowsy Doll, and a kitchen playset with a fake coffee pot. I was in heaven I guess. I cant remember everything from other Christmas's though.

When I was 4, my grandma sent us girls a bag of costume jewelry for Christmas. I guess she'd bought up stuff at garage sales, flea markets, wherever.

Oh man! I was SOOO excited about that bag of jewelry! I specifically remember this blue and purple bangle style bracelet. It was blue, with purple rhinestones all over it. I can specifically remember running around the backyard, with the bracelet on my arm, arm held up, so the sun could make the rhinestones sparkle. I'd love to have that bracelet again. I have no idea what happened to it.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I, and all my siblings can remember all our teachers we had in school.
I can remember this, too.

Kindergarten: Mrs Roe (1st half of year). Mrs O'Donnell (2nd half of year)
1st grade: Mrs O'Donnell
2nd grade: Mrs Thomas
3rd grade: Mrs Hooks
4th grade: Mrs Nelson
5th grade: Mr Curtis
6th grade: Mrs Burns

I can pretty much remember every teacher I had in Jr and Sr High, though maybe not specifics of which years I had them. Had many of the same teachers multiple years anyway.

Old 04-09-2020, 02:32 PM

One other bizarre little thing I can remember is, the first few lines of the first dialog in the French book I had for my very first French class in (I think) Jr High. I think, but I'm not sure, it was 7th grade. Might have been 9th. Teacher was Mrs Holmes (who was a terrible teacher, but I digress).

Woman: Michelle, Ann, vous travaillez?
Kids: Errr, non. Nous regardonz la television. Porquoi?
Woman: Les Duponts arrive dans un heure ...

I used to remember more of it but that's all I can remember by now.

My French spellings might not be correct. Don't feel like looking them up.

Once in a while I pop into a used book store and look at the French books to see if maybe I can find that old one somewhere.

Last edited by James Bond 007; 04-09-2020 at 02:41 PM..

Old 04-09-2020, 03:14 PM

1,525 posts, read 1,184,063 times
I remember a song my kindergarten class performed at our "kindergarten graduation" (1980). I also remember the home phone number of the boy I liked in 7th grade (86/87). I'm particularly good with that last one - phone numbers. But phone numbers of friends you always called is one thing, but the one of the boy I liked? Weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology