Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2022, 08:57 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,503,023 times

Advertisements

Remember Engleberg Humperdick,he looks awful,nothing like his younger days,but he showed up in concerts with all the facelifts and makeup ,his voice is still good,but his appearance is not,he must need money,many do.
These guys in entertainment business do not age well,I recall Nick Nolte gulping 50 different vitamins a day,and he looks awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 09:03 AM

10,864 posts, read 6,503,023 times
I had a neighbor who used to play with Graceful Dead,he had a hard time paying his apt rent.

Old 05-07-2022, 10:12 AM

9,908 posts, read 4,670,007 times
Time catches up to everyone and everything. Slow dripping water will eventually affect concrete. Also remember many celebrities were an act. And to fuel that act they used drugs illegal or not. So if they are pale comparisons to their former selves there's a reason.

Also remembering in hindsight all the could've would'ves should'ves will drive one crazy. Used to think I had it all figured out and am still learning to this day. And that's the key reflecting and analyzing events helps gives one clarity and wisdom for yourself and others.

Old 05-07-2022, 01:24 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,665,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I just watched this. Kill me first is all I have to say...........
Wow, sobering. My image of him is from the 80s where he was jumping around in striped tights and sailing overhead.

The host didn't look too amused despite the constant raucous laughter.

Old 05-08-2022, 07:25 AM

24,633 posts, read 10,958,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo101 View Post
I had a neighbor who used to play with Graceful Dead,he had a hard time paying his apt rent.
If he played with the Graceful Dead he will hardly make rent money

Old 05-10-2022, 09:18 AM

308 posts, read 213,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
gordon lightfoot is 83??!!??!!!

Now that does make me feel old. I had his first album in the early 70s when it was still called sit down young stranger.

John kay from steppenwolf is 78, i think. And graham nash and david crosby are 80, stephen stills is 76? 77? And neil young is 76.

[b][i]i think it was when b.b. King needed to sit down for his concerts that i really understood how old these guys were getting.
b.b. had the same condition I have now at age 65...peripheral neuropathy.
Can barely stand up for more than 30 seconds without holding on to something or my cane because I will fall and break a hip.

Meanwhile,Sir Michael Phillip Jagger is pushing on 79,still doing 2 hour shows and prancing all around the stage...I wonder what deal he made with Satan

Old 05-10-2022, 03:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,540,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSLPPTSO13 View Post
Meanwhile,Sir Michael Phillip Jagger is pushing on 79,still doing 2 hour shows and prancing all around the stage...I wonder what deal he made with Satan
Well, he did admit to Dancing With Mr. D. a long time ago.

Old 05-11-2022, 11:32 AM

2,127 posts, read 1,057,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
I grew up with this being the World War veterans and their brave stories the retirees around Sunday dinners , and 60s generation the mighty adults, but time flies now those people are dead and buried and now the beds with incontinent bathing tube feeding and TV on all days and night and soon to be hospice care = Huey Lewis the News, Sting, Paul McCartney , Blondie

Soon it will be me. How do I stop time. Life flashing before my eyes and now I’m old and wasted my potential
You have not wasted your potential. God put each of us here for a purpose; whether for 90 years or two hours. We don't know that purpose but God does. Much good has come from your life, though you may have never known. Take the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" for example. Everyone is here in God's plan, and one day we will get our answers and see the positive, wonderful things that we have done but never knew. Aging is as natural as growing and it may seem bad if we have poor health, but at the same time our purpose was predestined and our lives are important.

It is my belief that as we age, we begin to think more and more of our grandparents, our parents and other loved ones that have passed before us. We may have lost babies, children, grandchildren, ones we can't wait to see. We become tired and weary. A natural process to prepare us physically and mentally for death. Every single person ever on this earth has already died or will die. It's not the end, it's a new life that is promised to us. It may be scary that we aren't going to be "here" on earth, but should we die, we would not want to come back to this earth.

And you may even see Paul McCartney there! Don't dwell on the down side of aging, but embrace life as much as you can while you have it.

Old 05-11-2022, 03:47 PM

88,647 posts, read 84,928,808 times
Quote:
Can barely stand up for more than 30 seconds without holding on to something or my cane because I will fall and break a hip.

His father was a phys ed teacher who told him when he hit 40 to jog and stay in shape if he wanted to keep up on stage. I recall him saying that in an interview. His father lived to be 93 so maybe he knew what he was talking about.

Old 05-11-2022, 04:17 PM

7,030 posts, read 4,908,593 times
Quote:

It's all those drugs he did. I heard Jerry Garcia didn't die from drugs either. He died from all that fast food he ate. Moral of the story?

Imma go home and watch the movie FM now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology