Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2022, 05:53 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times

Advertisements

yeah i think its very weird to see the 1970 rockers now with gray hair and wrinkles, still playing their musical instruments on stage like "they have gotten so old!!'.. its weird surrealistic watching these guys who were so handsome and cute and now they are like old grandpas. so weird to watch how they aged. i cant quite explain it, but it just looks very weird. i dont think they can do jumps and leaps and running around on stage now! Like in the song "Jump". cant do that now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2022, 05:49 AM

88,542 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
yeah i think its very weird to see the 1970 rockers now with gray hair and wrinkles, still playing their musical instruments on stage like "they have gotten so old!!'.. its weird surrealistic watching these guys who were so handsome and cute and now they are like old grandpas. so weird to watch how they aged. i cant quite explain it, but it just looks very weird. i dont think they can do jumps and leaps and running around on stage now! Like in the song "Jump". cant do that now.
Especially when you're dead.

But great song! Still words to live by, even at our age when we have to be a little more careful when we do.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

But great song! Still words to live by, even at our age when we have to be a little more careful when we do.
oh i hate hearing that he died

as bad as hearing that many of my high school classmates have died too. very weird, like death is creeping to my generation. too close for comfort.

Old 06-01-2022, 12:27 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I've been impressed that some "our" age can still jump down from a stage, albeit just a couple steps. I'd need a railing, but I can see that wouldn't go over well onstage, lol.

But David Lee Roth is still alive----I just checked. He looks kinda battered, but still crazy-alive.

Old 06-01-2022, 02:20 PM

928 posts, read 499,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I've been impressed that some "our" age can still jump down from a stage, albeit just a couple steps. I'd need a railing, but I can see that wouldn't go over well onstage, lol.

But David Lee Roth is still alive----I just checked. He looks kinda battered, but still crazy-alive.
He's also a health nut and really takes care of himself per an interview I heard with him a couple years ago. He lives somewhere in Asia now.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:52 PM

Quote:
oh i hate hearing that he died

as bad as hearing that many of my high school classmates have died too. very weird, like death is creeping to my generation. too close for comfort.
Mine, too. I am also retired from a place where many of us worked our whole lives, and every quarter we get the retirees' newsletter and it lists people who died. Or someone posts it on the company FB page.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Yeah, I know he is alive, but I was thinking of Eddie Van Halen. Still like the song!

Old 06-02-2022, 06:26 AM

Theres a video of Jon Bon Jovi singing, and apparently he lost is voice, is off tune, etc. when you get older like that, you might not have your singing voice you had in the 1970's or 1980's. But he still wants to sing. I dont know, maybe its time to quit?!

Old 06-02-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Theres a video of Jon Bon Jovi singing, and apparently he lost is voice, is off tune, etc. when you get older like that, you might not have your singing voice you had in the 1970's or 1980's. But he still wants to sing. I dont know, maybe its time to quit?!
I was never a big fan of him or his pretty-boy band, but when I got older and moved to the area where he comes from and still lived until recently and learned of all the good he does, I came to admire him. He is a good and generous person. If he wants to sing badly, he can go right ahead!!

Old 06-02-2022, 08:10 AM

17,362 posts, read 16,498,076 times
All I can say is that Sammy Hagar and Alice Cooper still put on a heck of a show. I saw Heart in concert and Ann and Nancy Wilson are still amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology