Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 07:37 AM

8,794 posts, read 3,949,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You're assuming everyone who hates their job or boss can easily find a new or better one.
Nah, I’m assuming everyone is capable of (at least working toward) psychological health. Spending one’s time/energy in re: homicidal ideation, for any reason, is not the way to obtain it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 12:34 PM

5,726 posts, read 3,227,446 times
We have a place out in the country. I talk about it a lot. LOL

Me and a friend have often discussed how we'd get rid of a body IF we killed someone. We'd wrap the body up in a rug, load it into the back of the truck, along with our suitcases and all the other stuff we haul out there, and then deposit the body in one of the old junk campers on one of the many abandoned properties out there. Of course, we'd be wearing our latex gloves so as not to leave finger prints.

We often sit around fine-tuning the plan. We're not going to kill anyone. It's just a mental excercise. lol

Old 06-28-2022, 01:37 PM

12,120 posts, read 8,512,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Obviously so, although it is not relative to a ‘book of morality’ - but law.
Well, I have my own book of morality. It applies to no one but me. For mental health's sake I don't violate those principles. Keeps me free of guilt and shame.

Your argument seems to support if I lived in Nazi Germany and harmed, discriminated against or killed Jews
I was "only following orders."

Likewise if something is illegal it doesn't always mean it isn't the right thing to do. So legality is only part of my decision-making process.

Old 06-28-2022, 02:47 PM

8,794 posts, read 3,949,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Likewise if something is illegal it doesn't always mean it isn't the right thing to do. So legality is only part of my decision-making process.
It wouldn’t necessarily be the logical thing to do either, particularly relative to (potential) consequence. The same can be true regarding one’s psychological health/homicidal ideation.

Quote:
In my book of morals if your back is against the wall and you have a choice between dying or killing it's definitely different than killing out of anger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Obviously so, although it is not relative to a ‘book of morality’ - but law.
Quote:
Your argument seems to support if I lived in Nazi Germany and harmed, discriminated against or killed Jews I was "only following orders."
No argument. My simple statement didn’t have anything to do with Germany or killing Jews; neither does the thread.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:01 PM

12,120 posts, read 8,512,473 times
What are you, Guy? Metaphorically challenged?

Old 06-30-2022, 12:52 PM

88,865 posts, read 85,274,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
We have a place out in the country. I talk about it a lot. LOL

Me and a friend have often discussed how we'd get rid of a body IF we killed someone. We'd wrap the body up in a rug, load it into the back of the truck, along with our suitcases and all the other stuff we haul out there, and then deposit the body in one of the old junk campers on one of the many abandoned properties out there. Of course, we'd be wearing our latex gloves so as not to leave finger prints.

We often sit around fine-tuning the plan. We're not going to kill anyone. It's just a mental excercise. lol
Are you a true crime fan? That does make one think that way. I was with a friend who was driving down a highway in Virginia, and we passed a garbage bag tossed on the side of the road.

She said, "Don't you always wonder if there are body parts in a bag like that when you see one?"

Of course I do!

I took a train for years through the NJ suburbs to NYC. I'd often look out the window at what was behind suburbia and warehouses and the Meadowlands and idly look for a good place to put a body.

Of course, lots of people in the mob already had figured that out in the case of the Meadowlands.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:26 PM

1,711 posts, read 794,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
uhhhh no!

If it is normalized in the person's thought process then what exactly is going to stop them from normalizing the whole act?
Who are you the thought police? People run all kinds of things through their head, doesn’t mean they’re going to do them. If only we could pick your mind….

Old 06-30-2022, 01:36 PM

5,726 posts, read 3,227,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Are you a true crime fan? That does make one think that way. I was with a friend who was driving down a highway in Virginia, and we passed a garbage bag tossed on the side of the road.

She said, "Don't you always wonder if there are body parts in a bag like that when you see one?"

Of course I do!

I took a train for years through the NJ suburbs to NYC. I'd often look out the window at what was behind suburbia and warehouses and the Meadowlands and idly look for a good place to put a body.

Of course, lots of people in the mob already had figured that out in the case of the Meadowlands.
You know...oddly enough, I'm NOT a True Crime fan. LOL But I like fictional murder mysteries. But yeah...I'm always looking around thinking "That would be a good spot" and wondering how covert I'd have to be, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology