Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2022, 11:57 AM

4,632 posts, read 3,494,255 times

Advertisements

What is it inside of you that has you so wound up about how other people live their lives? I really think you should switch your focus to WHAT'S INSIDE OF YOU that causes you to be so easily triggered by non-issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2022, 12:26 PM

1,655 posts, read 785,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
What is it inside of you that has you so wound up about how other people live their lives? I really think you should switch your focus to WHAT'S INSIDE OF YOU that causes you to be so easily triggered by non-issues.
Would you tell someone that studies psychology or sociology for a living that?

Old 08-27-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Would you tell someone that studies psychology or sociology for a living that?
Possibly, if their assessments seem to be coming from a place of hate.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:21 PM

1,655 posts, read 785,144 times
Quote:
Possibly, if their assessments seem to be coming from a place of hate.
What assessment have you deemed to be hate here? People nowadays seem to have hate alarms with a lot false alarms.

Old 08-27-2022, 03:51 PM

There's an "anti" sentiment to your posts. People have clever ways of masking their true feelings and intentions. If it don't apply, let it fly.

Old 08-27-2022, 07:32 PM
bu2

24,193 posts, read 15,048,336 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are pretty easily triggered!

People being offended offends you!

Old 08-27-2022, 07:47 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,261,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
Let’s call them “dramatic words of emphasis”…after decades of hearing dramatic words of emphasis used more and more they annoy me.
I even think that's over the top. Maybe just embellishment. I do get annoyed when it's every other word but I find that's the same annoyance when people say the word "like" or "uhm" with that frequency
Quote:
Once I get a sense they will be spewing in rapid fire I’m tuning out and would prefer not to hear you speak. I’d probably put the Darth Vader collar choke on you if possible.
I'm not that annoyed by it but I get it. Bad speech patterns are hard to listen too. Google the first porky pig cartoon. They actually hired a man with a terrible stutter to be his voice. It's hard to listen to.

Old 08-27-2022, 07:52 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,261,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Its not considered part of normal discourse. Slurs related to bigotry like the N word or the other F word are not considered acceptable. gd is an affront to many religious people.
I think it's how a word is used that makes it a slur. For example retard. I had a Ford that had a distributor on it. I'm order to get it to run correctly I had to retard the timing it was too far advanced.

Makes me wonder if the only reason they are considered "bad words" is through conditioning. If we just stopped doing that it would no longer be an issue.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
People being offended offends you!
Yes, I do get annoyed by people who get angry over things that aren't hurting anyone, especially when those things wouldn't be a problem if they were to mind their own business. Why do I get annoyed? Because these are the types of people who create problems that DO end up hurting people, all because their sensibilities were offended.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:30 AM
bu2

24,193 posts, read 15,048,336 times
Quote:
Yes, I do get annoyed by people who get angry over things that aren't hurting anyone, especially when those things wouldn't be a problem if they were to mind their own business. Why do I get annoyed? Because these are the types of people who create problems that DO end up hurting people, all because their sensibilities were offended.
If the people do it loudly in public, it infringes on other people. if they do it in business it infringes on other people. A lot of women would have reason to be offended if someone was throwing the f word around in the office. If they use that language at other people, its hostile. It infringes on people, much like smoking does, and smoking is now restricted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology