Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 12:07 PM

72 posts, read 59,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Lol..come on... no woman has to be a virgin if she doesn't want to be. I have seen some of the ugliest and fattest women have boyfriends and husbands..
Not true. They're likely not as ugly as me. Few are. Yes I have known very fat women who also had boyfriends etc. But they were always just slightly pretty or average in the face. Me on the other hand - I'm not just unattractive, I'm hideous.

Old 03-18-2023, 12:20 PM

13,684 posts, read 7,973,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigodqew View Post
Not true. They're likely not as ugly as me. Few are. Yes I have known very fat women who also had boyfriends etc. But they were always just slightly pretty or average in the face. Me on the other hand - I'm not just unattractive, I'm hideous.
Well, your attitude doesn't help.

Old 03-18-2023, 12:49 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
Quote:
Even this woman found a husband... I doubt you're worse looking than her.

https://people.com/health/1000-lb-si...husband-caleb/

Old 03-18-2023, 04:06 PM

1,055 posts, read 546,048 times
How do they dismiss your struggles? Do you want them to say -- "I'm sorry you're ugly?"

Anyway, I doubt that you are as bad looking as you think. You must look like someone -- a parent or grandparent? That person found a mate, didn't they?

Old 03-18-2023, 04:15 PM

10,704 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
A lot of people out there think a woman has an easier time finding a romantic partner regardless of looks and the answer is no. There is a lot of gas lighting of women who find ourselves unattractive too, we are told we don't look as bad as we think. The reality is that life is not fair and some women get a ridiculously bad hand when it comes to appearance.

(venting here)
I've long accepted my looks (even though it was hard) but by the age of 14 I knew I was going to never find a romantic partner. By that age I was 210 pounds and covered in cystic acne, my facial features were awful with a large nose, long face, no chin and an enormous forehead. I had a very difficult hair type too- very coarse and could not really be tamed. At that age people were already starting to couple up in eighth grade so the pain of romantic rejection had just started for me.

The older I got the worse my looks became, my acne got worse, I couldn't lose weight, I grew facial hair and some how manged to get even uglier facially. My acne persisted until age 30 and I was left with bad scars on the my face and body. I developed a parotid gland tumor in my face and the removal of it left me with minor facial paralysis at 24. Even in my adult years people still tried to mock me for my appearance - especially strangers.

I've lost weight but will never be thin. My body has never been '''nice'' - it's just bad all around, weight loss or no weight loss and of course I'm still ugly. Bad teeth too despite years of dental intervention. Hair is still horrible - I've always had that hair type that can break brushes in half. At 33 I've never been on a date, never been kissed never any romantic opportunities. But as I said, I have reached a point of acceptance of that. I do wish society had more acceptance, belief and empathy for unattractive women. We do exist and sometimes no amount of ''glow ups'' will help us our genetics are such a way that improvement is hopeless. We're not all victims of self hatred and low self esteem either. Some of just want to have our story heard. Is it so hard to believe?
I accept you, and believe you. While I feel sympathy, my own journey is such that I can’t empathize.

Your story has been heard.

Old 03-18-2023, 04:30 PM
bu2

24,070 posts, read 14,863,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
An ugly man or average looking man who cannot get a woman is loathed and scorned, an ugly woman who cannot get a man is ignored. Still bad, but it's better to be overlooked than it is to be hated.
Actually I would disagree with that.

The opposite of love is not hate. Its indifference.

Its why you see some people, especially kids, cause trouble. They prefer being disliked to being ignored.

Old 03-18-2023, 08:57 PM

805 posts, read 539,960 times
Not everyone thinks of getting ****ed as sex. Many people see sex as a sacred activity between two people who want to share deeply with each other, and would rather go without than degrade such a sacred thing.

Old 03-18-2023, 10:20 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
OP I have been and am still in your shoes. Sort of.

I thought I was ugly,but I recently found I have RBF badly. I was not ugly,and I still am not ugly,but RBF sure had me thinking I am. People avoid me. I am not willing to smile for some randoms that do not impact my life. SO here we are.
I do think it is unfair for people to judge me without knowing me.

Old 03-19-2023, 05:20 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
A woman regardless of race that is attractive holds a special key which opens a lot of doors.

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder but when almost everyone agrees a person is very pretty... she holds that key.

On the same token a physically beautiful person with an evil/hateful personality often ruins their advantage in life by....doing terrible things and being a terrible person.

There were funny nicknames for this kind of person- I don't want to go off topic but the concept of "pretty on the outside, ugly on the inside" is very true. Now with social media and instant background checks, it's easier to get an idea of someone's personal merits versus the appearances they "sell" to others.

I've known many attractive people in my lifetime and a terrible curse of being "beautiful" is- predatory people approach them a LOT. I mean, that kind of personality wants an ornamental partner.

In some cultures people are more up front about this, in others people "dance" around admitting they have sinister intentions towards someone they are fixated on.

One of my friends/business associates was stalked by a neighbor who was sexually aggressive and mentally unbalance. He made a point of accusing her of damaging his property to get her attention because she rejected him sexually. At the time I remarked he sounded like he was in the throes of "roid rage"....

(She got law enforcement involved b/c at this point he was acting menacing towards her room mates and everyone was terrified at this point.)

I went off topic but I guess I am trying to point out- many "beautiful" people get discarded by romantic partners they THOUGHT they knew but.....they really did not see what that person was truly about.....

Old 03-19-2023, 07:54 AM

5,653 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
OP I have been and am still in your shoes. Sort of.

I thought I was ugly,but I recently found I have RBF badly. I was not ugly,and I still am not ugly,but RBF sure had me thinking I am. People avoid me. I am not willing to smile for some randoms that do not impact my life. SO here we are.
I do think it is unfair for people to judge me without knowing me.
Well, when you project "Leave me alone" that's what you're going to get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology