Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 04:31 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbgerri View Post
I have an unusual situation . I was seeing a pastor for counseling. He said he was familiar with PTSD which he thought I had. It went okay until I was in a Bible study with him and he started criticizing someone who was looking at me, embarrasing me and the other person. He would also interrupt whenever I was conversing with someone else in public or in one instance, would not leave when I was in an intense conversation with another gentleman. He had this look that I would call a stare and a look of obsession. This was common even in public situations. I will add that he was married and so was I. It got to where I was very uncomfortable with him. I did confront him about it and others issues and it got very bad! This behavior seemed to be strange to me but others just seem to not be bothered with this!! Any feedback?
If you got a bad feeling, it was probably for a reason. I am amazed he would criticize someone for looking at you, or that he would stare. Maybe it was some sort of jealousy.

You are well rid of him.

You don't need to know what his problem is, to know to stay away from him and not allow him any influence in your life.

And, if this guy is messed up, others will eventually find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2016, 07:49 PM

505 posts, read 502,484 times
I feel like I can relate to this.

The first "relationship" I had after accepting my sexuality ended up just being someone who would say and do anything because he wanted a quick screw. That really threw me for a loop and I didn't date anyone for about a year and a half.

Then I met someone and I worked really hard, mentally, to not get too attached too quickly. It worked, for the most part, and we've been seeing each other every since (it's been about 8 months). But I don't think it's something that you just grow out of; I definitely recognize this about my personality and have to work really hard inwardly to keep from saying or behaving in a manner that comes across far too attached. Which isn't to say being attached is inherently a bad thing, I just mean past an appropriate level of attachment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology