Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:59 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,153,667 times

Advertisements

I like MBTI and psychological theory in general. I've been reading a lot of Jung lately. I think it's good to read up on the functions and how they work or it's very easy to mistype yourself and others. I have friends who took some poorly written MBTI test online, and now they run around saying they are one type when it's sooo obvious they are not...

I test INTP or INFJ a lot, but I am clearly an INFP after reading up on it. I notice I clique very well with men who are INTP and ENFJ, and I find ISTPs attractive even though we usually don't clique. I wouldn't limit my dating to any "type" though, as people are still individuals and the theory is a bit shaky, especially if you're casually typing other people as a past time .

Also, intuitive (N) types only make up roughly 25-35% of the population, yet you'll see a disproportionate amount of MBTI test takers score as intuitive, and that's likely because these types are naturally more drawn to theory. I also think there's some testing errors involved.... Same thing goes for introverts. I find it funny how when this topic is brought up that everyone participating turns out to be an introverted intuitive .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 01:13 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,404,453 times
That is my result.

Quote:
Idealist Portrait of the Champion (ENFP)Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:14 PM

914 posts, read 1,808,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
I found out about this test scheme when I dated a guy who works for Staples. He said they give the test to all staff members. He works in computer programming at the HQ in MA. He says no matter how many times he takes the test, it's always the same results.

He & I are still friends, but it was obvious from looking at a comparison of our MB personalities, we weren't compatible. In spite of meeting & falling in love with his family (not him.... I was sad *L*), we never got very far other than continuuing to correspond.

We've corresponded for 6 years... He got married recently. Maybe I'll ask him to refresh me on his "type" & ask him what "type" his new bride is...

Would you like to find out which personality type you probably are? Do you think this information can be helpful in determining or forecasting compatibility?

Here's a search that has many links for us to jointly explore:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US&q=myers+briggs+test&aq=1s&oq=meyers+briggs&aqi= g-s6g1g-s2g1

It's been 5 years since I last explored this...I'm something like an ES somethin' or other. I'll have to do some research & post my "type" a bit later.

Please post your findings & opinion!

Kate
Funny, I took this as a Facebook App a while ago; I think i'm ENSF or something.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:17 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,404,453 times
By the way, they totally nailed the career part of this test. I have been in fashion (although in design, not merchandising for years) and have always expressed interest in social work, arts, psychology, counseling and film.

Jung Career Indicator

Old 10-05-2009, 01:32 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,461,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
By the way, they totally nailed the career part of this test. I have been in fashion (although in design, not merchandising for years) and have always expressed interest in social work, arts, psychology, counseling and film.

Jung Career Indicator
Ok, I just took that test and came out as an INTJ. So I guess I just lied in my other post.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:35 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,661,104 times
Whenever I take these tests, I'm either an ISTJ or INTJ. For the intuitive dimension, I'm right on the border of S and N. But at least it confirms that I'm in the right field. I guess I'll have to look up what personality types I'm most compatible with.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:36 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,558,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuteishungry View Post
Funny, I took this as a Facebook App a while ago; I think i'm ENSF or something.
I've done it on Facebook too. The multiple choices were... not my cup o' tea. There are more... scientific ones...available...

When the FB one wanted to know if I was better at art or math class... I was like... I never took art although I doodled all through HS! And I'm terrible at math! So, I need something more workable than that. The other ones online are longer & dig a bit deeper...

Kate

Old 10-05-2009, 01:39 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,365,640 times
Your Type is
ISFJ

Introverted 67%
Sensing 50%
Feeling 38%
Judging 100%

In relationships, the ISFJ is generous, accomodating, and loyal. ISFJs are dedicated to the task of taking care of their loved ones, and take their family responsibilities seriously. ISFJs often adhere to traditional gender roles, and happily take on the customary household duties. ISFJs can tend to put their partner’s needs ahead of their own, and run the risk of being taken advantage of because of their desire to please others. They prize harmony and will often withdraw rather than engage in conflict. ISFJs appreciate a considerate and thoughtful partner who recognizes their dedication and ability to nurture others.

Good matches for the ISFJ include other Sensing Judger types (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, and ISTJ), who share the ISFJ’s commitment to tradition and responsibility. ISFJs also have high rates of satisfaction when paired with Intuitive Feeling types such as INFP, ENFP, INFJ, and ENFJ, who share the ISFJ’s sensitivity and dedication to making a relationship work.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:41 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,559,242 times
INTP (The Architect)

very expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Old 10-05-2009, 01:44 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,558,741 times
Thumbs up Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
Your Type is
ISFJ

Introverted 67%
Sensing 50%
Feeling 38%
Judging 100%
Tia, can you post a link to where you took this test? I'd love to take a test that shows the percentages!

Kate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology