Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:03 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
4 words for ya.....gettoutta da left lane!

Anyone doing the speed limit or less in the left lane deserves to be tarred and feathered...just sayin. I don't think I ever saw this mythical 60 mph zone you speak of......if you do 60mph on rt 75 expect to be pushed out of the way ...what road around here is 60? 41 in PG?

If you have to look in the rear view mirror you are going too slow for the left lane. If someone tailgating you bothers you to the point of a hissy fit you don't belong in the left lane. If you are not passing someone you, by law, are not allowed in the left lane.

You had your rant, I had mine
Amen.. MINIMUM 5 mph over in the left lane.. Its not even ticketable in Fl. Nothing pisses me off more than someone doing THE limit or less in the left lane. If you're that afraid to drive your car at a reasonable speed get the hell of the road. People have places to go , things to do. ESP when we need to get to work at 8 am and you're lollygaggin around to meet at your tee time. Don't blame others for your lack of defensive driving skills. If you hate the drivers go back to where you came from. I've been here almost 30 years.. I learned to drive here and if you're coming from somewhere else you need to learn to adapt to OUR driving. I don't go to NYC and complain they're too aggressive. Its how they drive there. Get used to it or get a taxi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 AM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
I've been bothered in THE CENTER LANE for doing 75mph. Arseholes inches away from my bumper think I should move instead of them moving into the left lane.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:20 PM

140 posts, read 400,030 times
Have any of you driven in Boston or Maimi??
SWF is a breeze.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
I drive to ft myers six days a week on 75. I have lived in 14 states and never seen anything like this. Yesterday morning I saw a car just go flying off the interstate and into the median which is full of water.Now what? Do you get out and swim back or get on top and wait? People on the phone not watching where they are going, blue haired women turning right out of the left hand lane and left lane slugs. In the one year I have been here I have seen some horrible wrecks.
Sounds like something potential movers to Florida should be made aware of..

Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 PM

782 posts, read 1,087,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck12020123 View Post
Have any of you driven in Boston or Maimi??
SWF is a breeze.
Very true! I have driven in Boston. SWF is much better.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
Very true! I have driven in Boston. SWF is much better.
Boston is notoriously bad and the streets are poorly kept most of the time and god forbid you miss your exit. Its not like here where you just take the next and turn around. There its take the next hop on an interchange, then a toll both to a detour up a ramp to another toll booth then get back on... Drove there a lot when I lived up there. Its a breeze down here compared. The people complaining are the ones causing the problems plain and simple. They're the "oh look a coconut" drivers as we call them..

Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM

401 posts, read 534,447 times
Well, you ain`t been to NYC then, and Miami is getting there too..

Old 08-08-2012, 05:40 PM

700 posts, read 1,819,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texabama View Post
I've been bothered in THE CENTER LANE for doing 75mph. Arseholes inches away from my bumper think I should move instead of them moving into the left lane.
Even the right lane. If they think they can't move someone out of the left lane, they will pick on the person in the right lane just to get by because they didn't wake up early, dog sick, no hot water at the house, didn't get any, mad at the world, too much meth the night before, etc. Your problem is not mine. I've been dogged running 92 mph on 75N to Tampa and not going fast enough in the dark.
I stick by my belief, SW FL drivers s*ck! Boston is worse, NYC s*cks too.
BTW, when I can, I let someone in front of me just to p*ss off the pr*ck behind me
The closer you get, the more of a b*stard I become.

The people who come up behind me and don't tailgate, I do whatever I can to get out of their way so they can continue on. The bumper riding is just stupid. Hopefully these types take themselves out instead of others if and when they wreck. Ever see a car barrel roll at 90? I have and bodies flying aint pretty. To boot, nobody stops! I do and have lost nice clothes making their last few minutes somewhat comfy.

If you are a considerate (even somewhat) driver, thank YOU! I try myself even when I'm frustrated, I aint gonna wreck someone because I'm having a 'bad day'.

I think that's it for me. Y'all have fun with this one. Cheers!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:43 PM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
When I lived in houston my boss had a bumper sticker

IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE WAY I DRIVE
STAY OFF THE SIDEWALKS

Old 08-08-2012, 07:11 PM

94 posts, read 178,403 times
I was driving on El Jobean Friday evening, and an older then me gentleman in a little car was right on my tail, I was going 55- think the speed limit is 50. he was red in the face because I would not drive faster, he tried to go around me, the guy next to me (left lane) was probably going about 58.

It is not just the "meth heads" that ride on the bumpers of others. I typically move out of the way of the jerks, but I had no where to go, if I would have slowed down to get in the left lane he would have hit me, I was not speeding up to get in front of the other guy- not getting a ticket.

Take a deep breathe and relax and go with the flow. Coming from Baltimore I am excited to be able to drive 55 anywhere on a Friday evening at 5 o'clock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte