Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 07:03 PM

700 posts, read 1,828,669 times

Advertisements

This is a rant to get it off my chest! The friggin drivers down here are terrible! We have the older folk in the left lane but come on, give them a chance! They do what they can. These b*stards that come up on your butt inches away and expect you to run up to 80 plus (in a 60 zone) so they can get by are REALLY making me crazed! We had an issue today where a Dodge PU ran up on my other halfs butt, inches away, really inches! and tried to push her out of the way. If they hit her I'm sure they would have kept on going. A buddy of mine was just creamed on his bike (motorcycle) the other day and the pick up truck kept on going. Had some internal injuries and road rash but will survive, with pain. NOW I know what road rage is.

Cops, there aint enough for traffic! Leave the slow drivers alone, go after the meth heads that are on a mission to kill someone!

Off soap box now, bring them on, I have a surprise for them!
Feeling a little better now, not much though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
This is a rant to get it off my chest! The friggin drivers down here are terrible! We have the older folk in the left lane but come on, give them a chance! They do what they can. These b*stards that come up on your butt inches away and expect you to run up to 80 plus (in a 60 zone) so they can get by are REALLY making me crazed! We had an issue today where a Dodge PU ran up on my other halfs butt, inches away, really inches! and tried to push her out of the way. If they hit her I'm sure they would have kept on going. A buddy of mine was just creamed on his bike (motorcycle) the other day and the pick up truck kept on going. Had some internal injuries and road rash but will survive, with pain. NOW I know what road rage is.

Cops, there aint enough for traffic! Leave the slow drivers alone, go after the meth heads that are on a mission to kill someone!

Forgot to mention, #LAW. If they have insurance, they won't anymore!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:26 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,044,027 times
Quote:

4 words for ya.....gettoutta da left lane!

Anyone doing the speed limit or less in the left lane deserves to be tarred and feathered...just sayin. I don't think I ever saw this mythical 60 mph zone you speak of......if you do 60mph on rt 75 expect to be pushed out of the way ...what road around here is 60? 41 in PG?

If you have to look in the rear view mirror you are going too slow for the left lane. If someone tailgating you bothers you to the point of a hissy fit you don't belong in the left lane. If you are not passing someone you, by law, are not allowed in the left lane.

You had your rant, I had mine

Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM

378 posts, read 632,727 times
Really sorry about your friend, Frogman, and I hope he makes a quick recovery.
I agree with you about the tailgating. It is a real problem in SWF.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post

Anyone doing the speed limit or less in the left lane deserves to be tarred and feathered...just sayin. I don't think I ever saw this mythical 60 mph zone you speak of......if you do 60mph on rt 75 expect to be pushed out of the way ...what road around here is 60? 41 in PG?

If you have to look in the rear view mirror you are going too slow for the left lane. If someone tailgating you bothers you to the point of a hissy fit you don't belong in the left lane. If you are not passing someone you, by law, are not allowed in the left lane.

Oh forgot to mention, this was in the RIGHT lane. There was a slower driver in the left and they picked on the right lane cause they knew the older person in the left lane probably never looks in the mirror.

Yes, this was Rt 41 S of PG.

I was in this position in VA a couple years ago. Ran 'er up to 82 in a 70 on I95 to get around a slower truck in the right lane to let the person behind me keep on flying. Well, pulled over for speeding, criminal charge in VA, needed a lawyer to have it reduced to 79, 9 over to avoid the criminal charge. Cop said, tough, you were speeding. WTF?

Thanks YSky, it will be a long recovery but not to the extent of SoFlGal's FIN.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 AM

5,195 posts, read 4,996,083 times
Quote:
A buddy of mine was just creamed on his bike (motorcycle) the other day and the pick up truck kept on going.
First off, I hope your buddy has a speedy recovery. That sucks for him.

That being said, it seems like hit-and-run is a huge problem nationwide, not just unique to SWFL. It's a shame, but I've seen news article where it's now news when the driver STOPS at the scene. I would like to see the law changed so that leaving the scene of an accident carries the harshest penalty of all. As it is now, there is less penalty to flee than to remain on the scene and get nailed for DUI (I'm not suggesting that the driver in this case was impaired).

Old 08-08-2012, 05:55 AM

463 posts, read 869,636 times
I drive to ft myers six days a week on 75. I have lived in 14 states and never seen anything like this. Yesterday morning I saw a car just go flying off the interstate and into the median which is full of water.Now what? Do you get out and swim back or get on top and wait? People on the phone not watching where they are going, blue haired women turning right out of the left hand lane and left lane slugs. In the one year I have been here I have seen some horrible wrecks.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:00 AM

315 posts, read 654,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post

there is a reason they call you rat, its called speed LIMIT not "oh im a douche limit let me see how fast my pick'emup goes because my junk is small"

Old 08-08-2012, 07:20 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,153,050 times
i see old drivers side by side moving at the same slow speed blocking the highway as if they are playing a game. they are not as out of it as they seem, they know what they are doing.

i think the cops should be aggresively ticketing seniors when it is obvious they are not safe to be on the road. their insurance will go up and maybe a relative will step in and have them surrender their license. that will save their lives as well as others.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 AM

43 posts, read 48,787 times
I have driven all over the country and SWF has been the worst. I have seen so many people that will cut traffic and almost cause an accident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte