Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2013, 11:10 AM

112 posts, read 184,415 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon Everyone! Looking for recommendations on what to use to clean my pool cage.

The upper sections over the pool are showing hints of green and I want to clean them ASAP. I've been using Simple Green on the reachable areas but I am concerned about rinsing that into the pool. I've had no problems with the pool water chemistry and sure don't want to create any.

I thought I saw a power-washing "Technician" using chlorine shock to clean a neighbors cage & deck but I'm not sure of how much to cut it.

I'm a stead-fast DIY'er who likes to correct things when they start to go wrong, so I couldn't allow conditions to get to the point where it would be economically feasible to hire someone to do it.

Anyone have any advice on what works best for them?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 02:36 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,996,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSjersey View Post
Good Afternoon Everyone! Looking for recommendations on what to use to clean my pool cage.

The upper sections over the pool are showing hints of green and I want to clean them ASAP. I've been using Simple Green on the reachable areas but I am concerned about rinsing that into the pool. I've had no problems with the pool water chemistry and sure don't want to create any.

I thought I saw a power-washing "Technician" using chlorine shock to clean a neighbors cage & deck but I'm not sure of how much to cut it.

I'm a stead-fast DIY'er who likes to correct things when they start to go wrong, so I couldn't allow conditions to get to the point where it would be economically feasible to hire someone to do it.

Anyone have any advice on what works best for them?

Thanks!
I use regular bleach cut 1 quart bleach and 3 quarts water.Make sure it's just plain unscented bleach. It won't hurt the pool at all. I use a tank sprayer for everything I can reach, and a yard sale "super soaker" squirt gun for the parts the sprayer won't reach. Do a small section at a time. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and then hit it with the pressure washer. You can get extendable wands for the pressure washer that will reach everything. They are a bit to handle though. Make sure to wear clothes you don't care about and protect your eyes.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:26 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,999,012 times
Yep, plain old bleach or chlorine. You can use this on the decking as well. Best to do it when the pool needs a little chlorine shock. Sometimes the algae will come off with just the powerwasher.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:37 AM

5,167 posts, read 4,939,822 times
If you have a pool service taking care of your pool, I'd recommend cleaning the lanai frame a day or two before your pool service. That way, if the algae or bleach or whatever messes up your pool chemistry it can be caught early and corrected when the pool guy shows up.
Otherwise, just shock and clean your pool & filter after the water has had a chance to circulate for a while.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:13 AM

Thanks Guys.....sounds like I have a plan now & it even involves a Super Soaker. I'm finding it safer to kind'a bounce my "sounds like a good Ideas" off of others nowadays, keeps Me Bride happier.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:55 AM

397 posts, read 813,417 times
I used to spray detergent prior to pressure washing. Seemed to be waste of time & $$. So now I simply pressure wash. I do have a telescoping wand with a harness. Without it, it is a killer of a job, getting the braces over the middle of the pool.
A pain in butt job, but must be done with white frames. I do mine 2x a year, so it always looks great.

PS........I use a 2600 psi gas washer

Old 11-28-2013, 10:56 AM

Thanks Old........seems like the extender is the way to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte